Wednesday, March 09, 2022

Ribs



I have to admit I was fairly excited this morning when I woke up the next day I would at least know about my home health nurse who and when the healing would begin. When Gloria looked at my but this morning when she was raising me up in the left for the shower she was notably distraught over how much the wounded worsened since last she had seen the wound. But we went to the process and I was dressed and ready for the day around 10 o'clock I was called by Priscilla, who was to be the coordinator of my medical regimen. Today she actually worked on my wound just because she was covering for another person who should've actually provided the service.


Best part of the whole visit was that Priscilla indicated that the wound was not near as bad as I thought that was in others thought that it was who had seen the image. She was able to use a lot of the materials left behind by the home health nurse that handled my burn earlier this year. Priscilla did the intake and did the wound care and soon I was on my way.I was quite impressed with Priscilla bummed out that she would not be my regular person but I should be getting wound care three days a week until I am healed so I feel quite fortunate.


I wish I could say I the rest of my day was as productive but I cannot. I attended a presentation by one of the home healthcare groups in the area trying to snag new people to provide services for. Perhaps the most energetic thing I did was filed out the ribs that Jim gave me last week. I've never done this before and wasn't quite sure what I was doing so I just shot from the hip. I rolled up the ribs and put them in the long croc cooker to slow cook over the afternoon. Towards the end of the six hour cook I used to cancel potatoes had gotten for the food bank table to use to make a table cell. I actually found some celery wasting away in this refrigerator and onion which hadn't gone bad and a bottle of hamburger dill chips which had been hiding in the back of the refrigerator so long. The bottle of chips was actually “welded” to the floor the refrigerator who knows what which it spilled over at some point then dried all around the bottle. I was pleased that I was able to free up the bottle without breaking it. I should just got a rag soaked in hot water C Barnett tell it let go but I got everything out. The only drawback was the pickles themselves which I think are still good fairly tasty but had long lost their zing. I fished out enough pickles for the solid, I found the onion still worthy hiding in onion sack behind the door skinned it chopped up some onions drained the pan of canned potatoes I had boiling the cook added altogether. I think I think I would be happy to have these potatoes of the war but until the war comes here the next potato salad make I'm cooking my potatoes myself. Not long ago less than two hours I opened up the ribs and added the barbecue sauce. Then finally finished ribs out little bit ago that I had dinner with the ribs and the potato salad. It was okay it certainly made a mess that I'm good I have to clean up the next day or two. Especially the crockpot. I really should is sprayed it before I threw the ribs in the cook. Now I have a pile of ribs and rib meat or whatever to put away figure out how to use the next couple days but I'm thankful. And I'm thankful my butt is going to heal but it's beginning to be tendered now so I'm going to have to get to bed soon.but it was a good Wednesday.

No comments: