Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Hook Less

 



I'm really quite surprised at how well I'm functioning. I woke at 3:13 AM, you know the typical up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom thing. But as I was finishing my business I end up nudging the control pendant which operates my electric bed. The pendant used to have a plastic hook on the back of the device to hang it from various items which I used quite frequently. Little plastic hook was really handy a couple of days ago I dropped the pendant on the floor and of course the item lit squarely on the plastic hook and snapped it off. This does not sound like a big deal, and I wouldn't think it's so but I've really come to depend on this plastic hook on the back of my pendant. Without the hook dependence free to slide wherever it'll go and that's what happened this morning. It's up there with some of my worst type reality nightmares. This morning was a good example I had the back of the bed tilted up significantly (which I do when I sleep just helps you sleep) in my chair was right next to the bed of course so is really limited on what I could reach over and grab. I have been extremely careful to hang the pendant on whatever I could wedge it on so as not to fall. But this morning as I was putting my urinary equipment away I'd inadvertently placed the pendant on the pillow and I bumped the pillow of course the pendant slid right on the floor. I was kind of freaked out. I really felt like I want to go back to sleep but I tried it the more I tried the more worried about what happened if I can't retrieve that pendant? I really am kind of trapped if this should happen at the day it did happen. Probably an hour into my trying to get back to sleep I realized that I'm not good to be able to sleep Or do anything else until I can figure out this problem. I thought about calling my brother, the fire department of course, the Resident Adviser, at this place, but that was probably a no go at 4 AM are what of the time was now. I rolled over little more turned on the light and looked down to the floor and to my delight I could see the coiled rubber cord laying on line on the floor actually easily accessible if I could reach it trouble is I could not. That's what I realized because I was sort of folded up in the bed I don't know if I was able to reach the cell phone. So I don't know if I could actually contact any of those possible backups I just mentioned. Luckily for me however, I did have my long hook which is favorably bent so as I could slide the hook under the coiled cord and pull it up which I did! I was so relieved I cannot stand it.


I did not realize that after this securing of the pendant I must've fallen asleep for a little bit, still not enough to be the big difference but I do remember a dream and so obviously I did sleep maybe for an hour and maybe that's all I needed. Now I need to order a new pendant which will take two or three days to get here at a cost of $85. That's okay, this is important but I fix this problem. Until then I must be hypervigilant to be sure this doesn't happen again…

No comments: