Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Sunshine Days


Finally the temperatures are almost perfect for sitting up and reading. I actually spent an hour behind the dumpsters of for I live because there's a spot there that the sun reflects heat off of whitewall. This is the same place where I was dozy last year the year before woken up by garbage truck emptying the dumpsters. It was terrifying to be jolted awake by this giant dumpster this be lifted totally by this blue garbage truck. Had I not been so lucky I could have been a garbage truck totality. I know better now no napping in the garbage pit for me. Sadly, I've become that age where one likes to just nod off in the warm rays of the sun the matter where one might be. The key ingredient is having direct access to sun rays the more direct the better. Once again I become a parody of senior living. Old guys out chasing the sun in which to bask. All I need is a park with Checker boards and other seniors to challenge. I don't know if I'd really do such a thing that's way too much of oneself to put on the line .


I can feel myself getting soft – – not that I was ever very hard ever – – but I'm not sure what I would do. When I say soft I don't mean like pudgy and stuff. I mean getting out and going places and doing things again. I am going to uses an excuse the pandemic. Everything shut down there was nothing to do. I got to be an easy way of living strictly nobody judged because everybody was not doing anything because they could not do anything, everything was closed! Now however, as the pandemic eases I get these feelings that people are expecting me to go out and do things again and so far I have failed to do so mostly using winter and skin breakdown particularly on my rear end as the major reason. Thank goodness my hard-working home healthcare nurses are really got my butt turned around and now the weather is finally getting into the 70s during the day. I need to get on the ball start living life again not using Covid 19 are whatever as the excuse to slowly die in my apartment because it's too easy to sit behind or in front of my computer screen right by daily blog and pump my daily ride on the arm bike more than 200 minutes a week! So got access to the bus which means I had transportation anywhere I want to go to the city. Got great parks, movies are still open thank goodness the restaurants are always willing to do take out – – or dine in for that matter. I also have friends the seem to be interested in getting back out and enjoy life a little bit before the next sucker punch. Time is right and ready to get back up on the bike and peddled myself into tomorrow.


An interesting side note Shelley, my daughter called this morning to let me know that everything is packed and ready to go the be driving from Salem Oregon Salt Lake for a visit to the next couple days. Total excitement! I am not sure what we are going to do. Fortunately the weather is going to be excellent may be nothing more than having picnics next-door at the park. The family well only be in town a couple of days whatever it should be fun…

No comments: