Sunday, March 27, 2022

Grand Daughters

 


                            

Denver


Brisa



I cannot believe how much I seem to be changing on certain things in aspects at this late stage of my life. I've always considered myself a distant grandparent, at best. I still have significant reservations but I think I'm making some inroads. I'm saying this because of how the visit with the girls this last weekend went. Our visit was not earthshaking, no thunder and lightning bolts but just quiet visiting and relaxing which I almost find difficult to believe.

So much fun when the group walked in on Friday night and Denve r the oldest of the two granddaughters walked in with her “ax” or electric guitar. She didn't have a amplifier or amp but still is able to play music and she did a concert of one song the following morning. In our discussion I found that she is actually written enough music and actually produced a record album! I'm not totally sure what phase of production this is and if it's ever going to be anything significant well the album already is to me as you hear me talking about it I think I am coming off as a proud grandparent. Amazing. She obviously is proud of her guitar in her music as I am that she carried her guitar is kind of a symbol of her coolness which I think is totally important to any adolescent.

Just younger than Denver is Brisa. Brisa is entirely different than her sister. Bruce always wears dresses (that I could see) is quiet and very introspective. She does art a lot of drawing it looks like and I believe is quite happy by herself. She plays the ocarina when she feels she has to play a musical instrument. She has brown long hair and large brown eyes. I somehow feel she is more like me than her sister. If Denver takes after her father than Brisa takes after Michelle and maybe me just a little bit. What I said very interesting. I really enjoyed spending time with Brisa on this trip.

The kind of made me wonder if I had more time with the kids would I be closer I think the answer is probably yes. As I've seen with our Sunday morning breakfasts with Mark Anthony me and Jasmine, Jasmine and I have begin to forge a relationship – – a real relationship. I sort of had that with my other granddaughter Anakah but we never got a chance to really explore that relationship to any length. And I really haven't had a chance to develop a much of a relationship with my grandson Asher. Someday perhaps and I look forward to that day. Interestingly, seriously I really need to make more effort with “birds and the hand as opposed to those of the Bush”. I mean basically I have easy access to Asher in Anakah and should be able see them much more than I can see the girls. Selfish is all this may be if anything this weekend has shown me is that I might be a better grandparent that I think…

No comments: