Thursday, March 03, 2022

Trip North


Yesterday after Ted found the problem with my bed I totally enjoyed the evening's sleep. It's Thursday coffee social. As benign a function is this is I have to confess I kind of look forward to the event in hopes of possibly getting donuts if they ever bring back donuts. The closest thing to pastries today was one of two-day-old offerings from the food bank. Not bad the usual chocolate chip cookies and other kinds of cookies huge and usually soft but because of the age become somewhat hard same with chocolate muffins, two pastries that probably would've been excellent at another point in time luckily I had coffee to wash down the pastry I chose. It was a nice event. Anne's re-placement, Rochelle, is really a dedicated little social worker she works about off. She even cornered me in schedule a 1 o'clock appointment were she wanted to make sure that I had my ducks in a row and everything was taking care of the problems that I experienced a couple weeks ago with the lost identification materials. I ended up working out after coffee just because I had to kill half an hour before meeting with Rochelle that was in good I did any other time really to work out the rest of the day because I knew I would be busy.


Rochelle is kind of hard to get used to. She's a real social worker and doesn't care who knows it. I mean Anne kind of kid that piece of information the most just everybody's “friend”. She was a person ready to retire Rochelle plans to change the world. She still has that drive of early youth to make a difference in what she does in the past she walks. Got a refreshing but the same time a little uncomfortable. I assured her everything was going well with the projects that we had worked on together. Then I started babbling about what was going on with my life, writing my letters this is the first of the month now this is a legacy talk talk talk I couldn't stop myself actually will bit spooky. Talked about needing a housekeeper and how I sometimes am able to get my home help people to spruce up the house, sometimes Mark Anthony or whoever I can get a hold of like my brother when he shows up and instantly starts cleaning things up. Rochelle really things like a social worker some red flags rose but not too bad her honesty and freshness makes a big difference. She's easy to talk to. I stayed longer than anticipated wanting to get on the road and head north to the wheelchair shop run by the state. I didn't though finished up with Rochelle stopped by the apartment grabbed my things and someone out to the bus stop and soon I was northbound.


Actually this is the most perfect day of spring so far or should I say rather of winter as winter begins to fade into spring. I wasn't sure how I would be because I had to leave the building today and headed north to the Buffmire building are more appropriately the JAB to see if they had a cover for my wheelchair cushion. I of course destroyed it with the side of my chair when the receiving portion was broken. I had Melissa change out the cushion cover last Saturday and I thought as long as the day was a nice day I would travel up north to the JAB and see if they had a replacement. I called earlier today make sure Robert or somebody else is going to be there and so to got confirmation that someone would be there till 4:30 PM and of course when I got there everything was locked up tight. Luckily as I was traversing to the front of the building I ran into the director of the program my buddy Kent (who by the way was supposed to drive me up to Logan yesterday) of course he had a key for the locked up portion of the building we spent the next hour trying to find a cushion cover that would meet this cushion them sitting on. Don't know why I have become so focused on replacing the cover but I have. We searched and searched and could not find a perfect fit for the cushion and I did not think to call Sunrise medical to see what a new one would cost. I think I will still do that even though we found something which might work on just have to see if I can get Gloria or Melissa someone else to trade it out and see. Probably a good idea to go to the source like I said,if sunrise medical is still in business.







































No comments: