Thursday, March 10, 2022

Donuts! A Thursday Miracle

 





I'm not wearing shoes today for a host of reasons but perhaps the biggest reason is because it's so cold outside I know I'm not going out so why were shoes? The other reason is because the wound on my butt and this power chair and possibly my scoliosis I'm having a more more difficult time putting shoes on. I know wants my butt is better be able to my shoes on much better than I can now and I can do it just as difficult and to a degree painful because it causes me to put pressure on the butt wound more than I would like to. And also during the day yesterday I was so active in my chair that I pulled off the great dressing that Priscilla put on my butt. So when I went to bed last night I noticed that the dressing had come off the wound and therefore I was in the spent a lot of time aggravating that wound trying to put shoes on. Anyway that's my defense and I am sticking to it, and I don't care what anybody says.


I understand my feet look pretty bad but most the people here are used to it if I really cared and secondarily its coffee social day is going down to the common area other than that I'm sticking in my apartment. This blog entry today is about coffee social but it probably goes without saying if anything it reflects on the new person, Rochelle, who is not necessarily the social worker but she certainly does a lot of social worker type work and she is studying to be a real-life social worker at some point in time. Anyway. The individual who reads this blog on a daily/committed level knows that I am terribly fond of donuts I love donuts, raise donuts particularly with nice icing on the top round donuts and particularly maple bar, donuts. Ever since I've been here I have advocated for donuts for the treat at the coffee social. It makes sense to me at the Christians can have coffee and donuts after services we should be able to have coffee and donuts here. Sometimes we come close maybe that's because a lot of of refreshments were gotten have been “food bank specials” are what is ever available at the food bank. Next we had a lady who loves to bake, I think, but you start making cinnamon rolls which were okay at first but it are single time she makes cinnamon rolls think she's so great at doing – – don't get me wrong she is great and she is committed and should will do this forever or she can—but I just want donuts. Anyway with the new person Rochelle, I was blown away this morning when I rolled into thecoffee social and there is not only the cupcake type of things left over from yesterday's presentation, there was also little wrapped up wafer cookies which I like to have for backup on my cookie shelf, and another kind of pastry and best of all there was doughnuts! Raised yeast doughnuts with chocolate and regular frosting. There is also warm rice pudding one of the folks who live here made cups and cups of this rice pudding and then Rochelle even took time to cut up a couple oranges for those health-conscious folks who didn't want the sugar dump. I was beside myself finally doughnuts. It's a little thing I know maybe I'm just being the cat in the Manger or is it a dog in a manger I can't recall but anyway I had my donuts and everyone is happy I guess it's a Thursday miracle, which in my estimation are very rare but I happen today just so you know…

No comments: