Friday, March 25, 2022

Don't Lock Me In!

 


It's not my gate though, evidently a lot of people think so, but I do have a certain affinity for the piece of iron work. I noted with dismay a few weeks ago that the gate was acting weird again. The button backs which the gate from inside the compound no longer seem to work properly. Sometimes the gate are the button with emit a high shrill like on 2001 when the spacemen find the monolith buried on the moon. Then, earlier this week I believe it was that the gate itself was no longer rigidly locked but somehow or someone had broken the steel arm that locked the gate in place until electric buttonless actuated. If one did not know the gate was compromised they would not know the gate was compromised – – that makes sense? It's like if you didn't try to open the gate, like pushed open, you would know that you could push the gate open but still pretty muddy but I think you get the point. To me it was a little awkward because to access the gate from the outside one has to get a hold legate a backup at the same time and pull the gate open enough that you can go through. This takes a little patience and timing but is relatively easily done. The problem now is the gate is not locked – – which like I says no problem for me – – and with a good wind the gate will blow itself open and give evidence to any onlooker that are little gated compound is not secure. I didn't think too much of it but there are certain people here at the facility were terrified of the exterior world. One of those folks is the RA (Resident Advisor) who thinks she's the mini-boss and she kind of is at times after five and on the weekends and yes national holidays. She is a really do anything except emergency line Yanks. Every bedroom and bathroom as an emergency pull string. The RA answers that call or checks out the problem when the emergency folks call to see if there really is a problem. So I guess she does have a function. The RA actually gets a another bedroom selection of two bedrooms. I really don't think I'd like the job even for an extra bedroom.


So, I was out reading this afternoon in the beautifully warm sun when I see the RA cruise out of the building her motorized scooter head down the sidewalk. I thought she was actually heading out somewhere but I didn't see her appear on your side the fence are come back on the sidewalk I was curious to see if she had vanished are not. However, when I got closer I saw that she was busily wrapping a stainless steel chain around the gate. I thought she was padlock in the gate, and she would had she access to a padlock but she does not. However, she was definitely making sure that gate did not open and didn't want anyone else utilizes either. I are him dismayed needless to say but that's okay because I can still cruise around to other exits on the property. This gets very irksome after hours because the driveways to the property is then gated by electric gates that sort of turn on at 10 PM. My frustration I stopped at the front desk for Jennifer the building manager works. She was not explosive but she was totally frustrated knowing that I was going to be frustrated but she did let me have it as far as how frustrated she was that this is a never-ending problem. There's even issues about the gate even when it does work that the handheld opening devices do not seem to work. She's got people working on the problem but no one wants to really address the issue. I use the gate probably more than anyone else but many of the folks here have started using the bus stop, which the gate leads to, more and more. I'm fine I'm not… Rattle me. It'll work its way out one way or the other. I have a place to sleep, it's a nice place and it safe, affordable and basically… Accessible


No comments: