Monday, March 21, 2022

Finally!

 


Sometimes I get the feeling the ice jam is finally broken and the River of my supports will begin to run again. This probably terrible better for but my point being I was called today by the person who sets the appointments for my occupational therapist. She notified be one: the office had received orders from my position for occupational therapy and 2: when will I like to make that appointment? Praise the Lord! I've been literally trying to make this appointment for almost 2 years now. I realize it's my responsibility by get so worn out trying to establish contact with the rehab facility who then wants orders from my physician (s) to begin my physical therapy/occupational therapy. Somewhere along the line communications would breakdown this is particularly true during the worst part of the pandemic. I'm just holding my breath now that I'll be able to last long enough to have the occupational therapy. Now don't get alarmed on not making a morbid announcement I just mean I would not be surprised if there was another flareup of the omicron virus or one of the variations. Seriously, I do not think we're done with this bug by any means. However, I must like everyone else continue to live my life as if everything was normal.


Once I finally got into they Tosh rehabilitation center, and got the scheduling manager on the line, then there was the challenge of not only finding an open space that I could start my rehab but finding the time that was compatible with my schedule not that I have so much going that it's hard to find time rather finding a time that's open that I can manage getting over there on public transit when were the other. Tosh is just over by the IHC complex and then a short bus ride from there. However, since the bus route runs on a 30 minute headways I still have to find the headway that meets the timeframe that I could make. Add to that I want a specific therapist who is Casey the only had two times available 8 AM and 4 PM. The time I got was late in the day, 4 PM on the Thursday in the latter part of April. This is it really too bad it's just a month away. At least I'll be able to use my benefits before the year ends this year. In speaking with this scheduling person she indicated they had become very busy which only makes sense now the pandemic is relaxed a little bit or that everybody else is immunized. Now I just must keep my fingers crossed. I guess what is laboring to say was that at 8 AM I didn't want to have to rely on the 201 (bus route that services the south portion of State Street) on time. I would have way more control at the 4 PM scheduling and that's what I chose even though it was late in the day. The upside of that is that possibly maybe I can stop it red lobster are my favorite Mexican restaurant Marelli is for a meal. It's been a while since I've done morela's the only problem is there portions are large and have to figure out a way to carry my leftovers home which I can think of worse problems to have.…

No comments: