Friday, March 11, 2022

I M The Can Man

 



Friday afternoon and the best thing I can report for today is that my room is begin to feel quite a bit better. The dressing that yow put on yesterday's holding very well in fact I'm a little spooked about the nurse coming this afternoon later to put on the regular dressing. I don't know if she will do as a job as Yow. The day has been cold enough to prevent me from going anywhere significant, the cold air in I don't want to traumatize my wound anymore than I have to until it heals better. That's another day here in the apartment and seriously that's okay by me.


Today was home health day, Gloria is my Wednesday Friday person. Gloria and I have a pretty good relationship and I worry about her quite a bit. I know these, jobs are low-end to a certain degree and I know that her hours for this week of not been as many as she would like to have had. So that mind I offered to let her work a little bit around the apartment for some extra money. Today she gave me about an hour and a half for about $10 in quarters or roll of quarters for her wash money. Gloria worked on the pantry. She actually codified or put the canned goods in various sections according to what they were i.e. vegetables, fruit, soups etc. what a great job. When the best thing she did was take about two white garbage sacks of food that I've had kicking around here for ages home for herself everything from canned chicken to bags of beef stew and even a package frozen pork steaks I've had in their freezer for years that was given to be at the food bank. Sometimes, the workers of the food banks unload stuff on me that I didn't really want but felt that they really needed to feel like they're given me something extra special. As a rule I don't volunteer to eat pork if I don't have to accept for like ham maybe pork chops and of course bacon but things like other kinds of pork chops pork roast, pork steaks I just go with beef but Gloria had no problem so was able to free up some space in the freezer to it was a win-win day for me. My goal this year (and I know faithful reader I said that last year to) is to just start loading up my pantry with food I want to eat and food that I want to eat soon. I don't know how realistic this is going to have to really exercise restraint because I'm offered something free that really looks like it could be good I have a hard time saying no. I've got so many bags of beans, spaghetti macaroni straight as well's elbow, diced tomatoes while kinds. Soups, have lots of soups that I have to figure out in force myself to eat realizing the the famine is now! I'm one of those people who have everything stored up for when the bad times, whatever the bad times are not realize that possibly we're in the bad times now. Not trying to pat myself on the back but with some of the stuff I gave Gloria is really going to help her out in the food department either she uses the canned goods to trade for other things she needs that's okay too plus the fact you got $10 worth of quarters whether she washes clothes are not maybe she'll have breathing room for a few more days. After all we all live, one day at a time…

No comments: