Sunday, March 20, 2022

Hello Spring!

 


Luckily for me whether those predictions of all weather beginning early in morning did not come to pass – – so don't get me wrong foul weather did come but not at 8 AM. In fact I was back home comfortable in my apartment when the first drops of rain occurred later turning into a full-blown snow event. Thank goodness even though there was lots of snow very little of it had a chance of surviving once they landed on the warm earth. There was a small accumulation him patches of grass here and there. That didn't last long after all it's now spring and the foul weather is nearly gone. It is now 6 PM the snow is gone, the clouds are breaking them blue sky is making itself known. Temperature is still chilly but what does one expect. Gloria, by cleaning person finally made it today. And focused on finishing her job on the pantry. Taking great effort and pleasure rifling through boxes of prepared rice meals, macaroni meals i.e. hamburger helper type treasures. And happily throwing them into the wastebasket. I've been lugging these boxes around for some time and without Gloria would never gotten rid of them. I hold onto things way longer than I should. And truth be known I doubt I would consumed any of the products we got rid of anyway. It's good to have fresh eyes on this kind of stuff I've learned a great lesson as far as my food storage perhaps more important food rotation. I'm making a valve deliver accumulate piles of garbage food that end up being nothing but a breeding ground for pantry moths again.


Looking forward to this spring. I have no great project per se with the exception of possibly enlisting a few new physicians to look over me. I have an appointment with a rectal surgeon sometime in May for hemorrhoids and whatever. Other than that I'm planning on a joyful utilization of the spring weather even if nothing more than then to sit in the sun and enjoy the vitamin D. Maybe do some reading and taking better care of my skin and body. Maybe develop a better workout regimen and possibly getting my chair, my new power chair, to a place where it doesn't pain my body just to sit in the chair. The contortions of my body does not help the scoliosis by feels to blame and I don't think there is anything which can be done short of forcing myself to some kind of body frame which I'd never be able to do on my own matters no way limit how somebody doing that every day for me.


I don't know if there's any way I'm ever going to not have CNA homecare people helping three times a week. I conceivably could use one more day that would certainly throw off the whole schedule of every other day bowel movements. I don't know if we did just every other day how much more month it would cost at least four days more which would be about $80. I just don't know if I want that much more involvement. Right now I enjoy the two days a week that I get myself up and out of bed and the two days on the weekend pretty much. Sometimes it would be great to have a bowel movement during the weekend just to ease the pressure but most the time I'm okay. I can't believe how much the independent motif is part of my life. I know that sooner or later something's going to give my body will corrupt and I will no longer be able to care for myself as I do now to whatever degree I can. Even this morning I was almost trapped in my bed but my bed controls fill from my side rail on the floor and I could barely get a hold of the controls but eventually I did and saved my bacon. I was able to get addressed on time get over to the restaurant to have breakfast with Mark Anthony. Will have to develop a better failsafe system for my bed controls. But these the little things which left undone and should go wrong get me into long-term care and I think depression and the end… Happy spring



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are obsessing too much on your problems and shortcomings. Focus instead on your successes. You have been and are mostly independent! You do much better than most people in your age-group (able bodied included). You are a person to be admired for your independence and resilience!