Thursday, March 24, 2022

Slow Down – – Please

 



Today is a thing of beauty, compared to the other days of this year the clear skies, access to sunshine in the warm temps getting close to 60° makes for sit outside almost perfect. I did just that following the coffee klatch this morning. I also worked out and the fundamental things out of the way so I could enjoy the rest of the day. Actually, I'm a little concerned just because Shelley's driving them today from Oregon. They stopped the night in Ontario crossed the border hours ago and should be in the Salt Lake city area around 6 o'clock tonight. I just worry about her traveling during the rush hour in downtown Salt Lake but she's a good driver and she knows what she's doing. After all she lived at this time for some time. I don't know what were going to do this evening or tomorrow for that fact but road going to be able to do some sort of family time. Maybe, we get something to eat and bring it here to the facility/apartments and use the common room of the family dinner or maybe will meet at the restaurant upon the corner either way it should be fun.


On days like today I miss my van. The great quite albatross that I gave away a couple years ago. Even though the vehicle was not running it was still quite and sitting next to the vehicle on a day like today, and the reflection of the sun's rays almost double he warmed the experience of being outside. I love to sit by my van and read. Not having that option I tried to do a redundancy of yesterday to read behind the dumpsters but that just didn't work out. I forgot that where I was sitting is in the path of other apartment dwellers on their way to feed the dumpster monster. Idea of going back to where my van used to set and then the joy just what some I could get. I a lot! As I looked up from where I sat I could see the great Wasatch range. I was kind of amazed at the difference in snow on the mountains just from yesterday. Yesterday, snow was packed all over the mountains and today around 1:30 PM I could see the striations of massive snowmelt. I don't really think that much about the snowmelt of such except for on last nights weather report the weather guy me a comment like to be a great day tomorrow but realize the snow will melt quick and we need to have the snowmelt slowly in order to get the water in the ground for what we need. Interesting I thought. And wiggled little uncomfortably in my chair and then uneasily glanced again up to the great Wasatch front and worried, just a little bit about water supply. Of interest to note, Wednesday as my home health person, Gloria, did some additional cleaning to the apartment she encouraged me to save my empty juice bottles and fill with water to use in case of water shortage or occasional water stoppages. Gloria wisely instructed that even if I didn't use the water to drink I could use it for other activities of daily living like shaving and activating the flush cycle on the toilet and of course the occasional shower. So, right now I have one bottle of water for the drought/famine…

No comments: