Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Terrific Tony's

 




I just about love any kind of pizza. I'm not too hot on the new fab specially type pizzas like chicken pizza, spinach pizza is a whole raft of new kinds of pizza that I'm just not too turned on about. I had a hard time with various Hawaiian pizzas when they started putting pineapple another sweet things on the pie. I just wanted salty, meaty and vegetabelly well done almost burnt crusts pizza. As I'm sure the long-term reader has been aware of my love for cold pizza particular couple days after the pizza pie was actually made. I loved grabbing a piece of pie on my way out the school or work.


Of course I love making my own pizza when I can. I really do for myself anymore just because it's so difficult getting the pizza in and out of the hot oven. But I still love, home made or home warmed pizza so is still love getting a box pizza from the market now and then. Couple weeks ago I was overcome with the mood to get a pizza, which I did and ended up putting the pizza in the freezer. What I've intended to do was to get all the fixings for a great pizza i.e. mushrooms, green pepper, onions, olives you know I'd even consider the extra makes everything from Canadian bacon to hamburger. Remember readers I was brought up on homemade pizza basically hamburger made on square cookie sheets with whatever cheese mom had available and it would never was mozzarella just chedder. But that was good enough for me. Mom a three or four pizzas at one time so there was always ample leftovers. As the pizza movement took over and people did make their own pizzas anymore more and more premade pizzas started showing up at the markets in the frozen food section. That's when I first ran into Tony's pizzas. Once again. Tony's pizza was considered “cardboard” pizza. They were looked down upon by pizza aficionados. In the old days I could get for medium-sized pizzas at a dollar apiece which I thought was a deal stack them in my freezer and have one each night after work. Just throw it in the oven and it was done and it was perfect for me. If I was really strong I would just eat have to pizza in evening in the last half as I ventured out the door in the morning for work.


I don't know who it's taken me so long to heat up the pizza that I had today. I can't say that I was all that busy I think I was really figuring out is going to dress it up like I said covered with all manner of items that didn't come with the original pizza. I wasn't quite sure how that would work with the Tony's pizza since they are fairly cardboard-ish. I think I just didn't want to go through the effort for one person I felt a little tired so the pizzas never been cooked until today. I decided just to forgo the rest of the toppings and stick with the pepperoni's I had with this Tony's pizza. I threw it in the oven with the copper cooking box my brother made me which probably prevented the crust from getting this done as I would have liked. The crust was done enough. I cut myself a fourth and totally enjoyed myself in bed had a quarter more. I'm sure I ingested way more calories than I should have but they're just something about a hot pizza which beckons me. It's too bad you can't buy beers one of the time now that would've really been good…

No comments: