Sunday, April 10, 2022

A Quarter For Your Thoughts

 





I am finally becoming comfortable with the status of my apartment. What I mean by that is what level of chaos my apartment seems to exhibit from point-to-point. I never have engaged a regular apartment cleaning person but have become reliant on either family members who seem to have taken and interest in the condition of my apartment (and me) and purchasing time from my regular home health personnel/staff was shown interest from time to time in straightening up my apartment as my toilet ritual passes which could be anything from 20 to 40 minutes. See in the skill these people have for this and the fact that many times staff is desperate for money for whatever reason that we've been able to contract for an hour or two of labor working on different facets of the apartment. Fortunate for me, I guess, I have the funding to engage this work relief and always seems to be something that needs to be done are basically we currently have the chaos of the livable level but there still needs to be a lot of work accomplished. Gloria, my most consistent housecleaner is shown some extraordinary skills in organizing and putting things in order (which I really need a great deal of the time)


For me the going rate to pay for cleaning services is about $20 an hour and luckily for me for Gloria as well as Melissa that's an acceptable payment rate. I finally worked one or two hours of cleaning a week if I feel I need to and not feel like I'm putting myself in financial danger or risk. And I truly love the cleanliness of the apartment or the order on my bookshelves, desks and tabletop. Interestingly, this last week Gloria had indicated she would be interested in doing a few hours, actually we kind made the arrangement the week before. And fortunately, we were never able to coordinate our times. Between the home health nurse coming over and other events happening there was this never time to do a one or two hour block of cleaning. Gloria felt a little bad about not being able to what she felt, help me out, but I was quite all right with it but she was willing to stay late on Friday, this last Friday, and do an unspecified amount of time for role quarters which of course is $10. I try to keep a role quarters at all times don't want to be caught without quarters when it was washday. I'll bet I got at least an hour's worth of work for the $10 in quarters.


My butt is been quite tender the last couple days so all last week are pretty much stayed in my apartment. But Friday the Senate been out all day I felt good enough to cross the street to the market to purchase a few things for the weekend and to pick up a couple roles quarters. If one roll of quarters is good two or more , even better. I was surprised when the cashier indicated she could not provide me with any quarters. In fact the last time I tried to get quarters at the service desk they emphatically told me I could go to the cashier at any time to get quarters but not so today. I seem to cause a tizzy of people running back and forth from the cashier to the service desk at back again and then letting me know that it has become a shortage of quarters or all silver change. If I indicated I can have one roll of quarters but that was all! I have been going to the bank when I wanted quarters getting two or three at a time which I think I best get back to doing. I had not heard much about this quarter shortage but does not surprise me in this day of increased inflation, epidemics and now a scarcity of quarters – – these are truly weird times…

No comments: