Tuesday, April 05, 2022

Pastries And Paperwork For EndGame

 

 

Amy



Today is one of those cold in between days space that one often sees in early spring. It's one of those days where it's best just to stay inside drink coffee or some other warm beverage watch movies, read a book or write your blog. Fortunately this is an in between week so there is no Assist, Inc. meeting this Tuesday. Gratefully, I kind of slept in took longer than I needed to to get dressed (almost scaring me) and then had a great breakfast of eggs scrambled with yellow sausages between two great pieces of multi-seed toast. I make an effort to use all the eggs in the refrigerator. For one reason or another I have been garnering dozens of medium-sized eggs is specify “medium” because those are eggs I get free from either the sharing shelf are from public spirited apartment mates in this complex who do not want the eggs which shows up in their food boxes from the food bank. When I buy eggs, I get extra large just because the goal of exit need to go big or don't go at all. I also had Vienna sausages. This of course with a great breakfast sandwich with enough leftovers that I can either do it again tomorrow or add a couple more eggs for dinner and I'll be just fine.


I still haven't been here at the apartment complex enough on Tuesdays to really appreciate the flow. After I finally got dressed and up and about this morning I realize there was a presentation this afternoon after lunch. Some group was coming in, and when I say group I mean for-profit type program or something committed to try to sell their wares to the folks live here. In today's scenario it's a lady from a hospice type of program, you know end-of-life stuff. She brought over a fairly large round piece of pastry along with her cheap pens , as giveaways, kind as a reward for enduring her presentation. I really should not be so cynical but seriously these guys are second cousins to ambulance chasers. In this case be go around to these senior living options like we are, some are more intense than others, giving a poor presentation about end-of-life issues and then passing out either literature or blank forms or both on management of end-of-life scenarios. In today's case they're talking about power of attorney documents for heaas welth and financial – – I did learn there is a difference in a different document for each. Not that that really matters with me all that much. Also just other end-of-life issues like DNR's and other grim aspects of the last great party. Of course she, Amy the presenter, didn't know a whole lot more than that this virus is passing out the paperwork because after all her main job is hospice which is a whole different bottle of pickles… I guess. Amy, bought the pastry at the top of this article it's a raspberry something I don't remember quite put the word was bought at some high-end grocery store in the area. Amy just a small fish in the senior end-of-life presentation chain. I guess should be on the front line at least the ones in the senior living scenarios that have quite been sucked into the whole industry of aging and dying. These guys used to offend me when I first moved in this joint now I just show up eat whatever sweet things they provide grab a pen or pencil up I need one, which I rarely do specially since so so cheap listen, smile and nod my head and accept their pastry…

No comments: