Thursday, April 14, 2022

Pass The Gas – – Please

 



This has been an eventful day. Finally, the time for my dentist appointment has come after having to put it off one or two days. Fortunately, my dental appointment was for 9 AM, initially and then 10:30 AM but I was pleased when they called to indicate that the needed to move the appointment to an earlier time and it worked out beautifully.


I don't know of the good sign or not but I just love being welcomed into the office whenever I go. I've talked about having to enter the dental office from the side, employees entrance. There is a “suicide” ramp that I can negotiate in my power chair perfectly. Anyway, they see me coming in the up the door and I come in and they should be directly into my little room that I always use. Plus, surprised because I was about a half hour early. I was content to wait around if need be but they brought me right in and got to work. Pictures of the tooth that remained was a bit challenging but we finally got the x-rays taken and that there was the discussion of to save her not to save the luckily, for me, the dentist sees me not only as a challenge but committed to keeping that tooth at all costs “excuse the pun”. We had the discussion that we can work on the tooth but there are no guarantees of how long the repair will last that's okay I understand that. But I understand the cost will be about $200 so in my mind of course I see it as a $200 crapshoot. I feel comfortable if I get a week out of it or year or maybe even longer with mild my goal keeping this tool/tooth until I'm called back yonder. That's the true winner of the game. I use this tooth for chewing on the left side and would hate to lose it but if so I can still do an implant that's doable if I need to.


I really become addicted to the “gas”. Perhaps this is why I really do enjoy have on a reason to visit the dentist. Cindy put the nose thing on and crank the flow of the nitrous oxide and off I went. I can tell when the gas kicks in I get these real weird thoughts about time flow music on office sound system becomes intense and enriched so light colors becoming more deep. The time in a chair was okay two injections to numb me up and minimal grinding and drilling. A little sculpting took place to make sure the tooth parts that were replaced would fit the upper teeth when brought together. Plus probably the chair a little less than an hour not counting the time to deaden my mouth. I enjoyed the time with the professionals.


Like I said, the whole thing is a crapshoot. The tooth repair might last a month, year or for the rest of my life however long that might be. In fact the dentist made the comment that if the repairs should fail it's okay because I'm just across the street and I just need to come in and they'll take care of it. And I truly believe that I can't believe how lucky I am. Fortunately, I have lots of room on my credit card and that's where the 200 bucks came from today so everything is doable and I can go back to eating what I want, when I want as much as I want or maybe not the latter…

No comments: