Thursday, April 07, 2022

Really, Kind Of Blah

 


I wish I had something to write about but today has absolutely been one of those days where nothing much is happening. Lately afternoon, and aside from the Thursday coffee social going productive thing I've done today was sit outside the amount marginally warm sun got a couple chapters read in my current novel. I of course made my bed under the other usual things one does on a Thursday. I checked my mail… Nothing there. I did my wash yesterday so that's done so in that vein am ready for the weekend which is kind of excites me. I may have some visitors today but I don't know if that will happen or not.. The days getting light.


I'm spending some time researching my hard drive. I have a number of rogue files that I'm interested in getting rid of but that takes time to do these individual searches when you have upwards to 1 million files (which I contemplate is difficult to believe) the takes a while to run some of those searches. Fortunately I have a radio show I listened to even if it's NPR fund drive season they don't cut off too much of the show at the very end and hopefully were coming up on the and very shortly on Spring Fund Drive. I used to spend a lot of time between not ways I could hack around the fund drive easiest way is to go to another public station somewhere in the country listen to their version.cu booth that KL CU I think out of Southern California popped up on my radio this morning when I clicked on my icon for the NPR. Somehow, NPR engineers have figured out a way to have the program load each time you turn on the computer. More and more it's losing control of the service/system but I've pretty much resigned myself to that reality. In the same vein I was impressed however when this interloper from Southern California popped onto my channel and they weren't running a fund drive. Having said all that I finally realizes justice easy to delete the last five minutes of my show, Marketplace when they come on into the strong-arm. Just another one of those weird little irritations that fills one's life.


The coffee group was fairly entertaining this morning. I don't know if I've mentioned this before I think I have but I'm about the only male that regularly attends this function. I'm not sure why the other male residents here boycott the group I'm sure it's something to do with the fact there all older ladies and the other guys to see it as a “woman's” group. I don't, I like the people mostly and we use powered chairs/vehicles usually sit together at the far end of the clutch. Today was a treat because one of the residents here who works at the food bank spirits us treats from said food bank and today we had a pretty nice pastries as well as the usual cinema in the roles made by one of the residents here at the facility. The seven roles are okay,, it's just that the just good old week after week. And you know mee…I would much rather have donuts

No comments: