Friday, April 22, 2022

Welcome Weekend Welcome

 


Sometimes I'm frightened how often Friday rolls around which means another week has rolled around. I feel guilty at how good I seem to have it here in the apartment I live in, in Salt Lake City in the good old USA. I know are sitting on a fault line in one day Faultlines going to shift and we're going to be the headlines or they “breaking news” on the national desk but until that time I see all the other places in this country and elsewhere faced with war, famine hurricanes in all manners of whether affliction and fully appreciate the blessings of living here longer Wasatch front on a day covered in clouds, intermittent rain and a good day to stay inside. Today I got my Covid booster, yet another prick in the arm and hopefully more protection against the scourge of Covid and its variants.. Today I was dismayed when Dianne visited me over the phone indicating she feels she may have their variant virus which color frightens me. I don't know if Dianne has the ability to resist like I do. I pray for her and that she can fight off this evil design against seniors.


If I had the energy I might bundle up and cross the street to pick up a few things for the weekend but I don't need anything really except for coffee and that I can get tomorrow crossing the street to the coffee shop and have them grind me a pound of Italian. It's my favorite of the coffee they roast. This is of the best I Italian roast of ever had enough to get me going in the mornings however something pleasant to sip on in the evening hours while writing are watching something on the Disney Channel one of my Marvel fixes. As I said however I can do that tomorrow maybe even Monday depending on the weather and my attitude. Supposedly the weather people are forecasting a day like today tomorrow. I hope the weather is okay tomorrow, I think I kind of would like to get out, across the street and smell the coffee shop for a few minutes. My butt is not yet healed – – which causes me some concern – – but my favorite RN put on the new dressing this morning which last till Monday and that should at least keep the pain away from sitting up in my chair.


So for the next 48 hours ago plan to do much. My wash is complete, the apartment is fairly presentable and I have canned meat as well as frozen meat and all kinds of options to manufacture five should desire as well as dozens of that really need to be used. My cable and streaming services are paid up and I'm in no pain I could use potato chips but in times of desperation I can always goes upstairs and grab some of potato chips out of candy machine enough to give me by. There's not much of a selection like I said enough to get one by in times of desperation. I'm still in the front part of a novel my heater works just fine I'm ready for the weekend…



No comments: