Saturday, April 02, 2022

Conference Time

 



I want to report that I didn't do anything today that would not be true – – not like the readers looking for any major feat of honesty from the writer but it's true I spent a major portion of the day finishing up the monthly letters. I corrected then printed the envelopes then put of the documents all this morning then this afternoon up with the letters in the envelopes cash were cash was needed then sealed and stamped and that was that sure is less than an hour operation I drug out for most the day listening to music, stopping for a couple of meals and of course making coffee.


As you can tell on because I didn't do anything spectacular today like go to a movie, the market or even to get my haircut I have really nothing to write about in truth of the matter is my butt hurts and I don't want to aggravated any more than need be. Sadly, this could be my life from this point forward however, I really believe that with the help of my home healthcare nurses I'm getting get on top of this wound. I basically am I just don't want to aggravate the nothing important to consider like going anywhere it seems the only casualty if there be one is the dear reader. For this I apologize but in some life there has to be rain sometimes.


I did go outside at one time and was quite astounded at how the mice the day was. No breeze and very warm for 60+ degrees. What is interesting as today is also the first day of LDS General Conference. First time in two years that they've allowed the conference to be held at Ground Zero downtown. This could be a sure sign that the pandemic is over at least for the Mormons. Very rare that the first day of the conference is as beautiful as the day is. Usually conference growers goers have to deal with rain, cold weather and sometimes even snowy mornings or afternoons not today though perhaps another sure sign that was entered into the end times. Sorry for being so dramatic but cannot help it ;-)


Being a child of the technology age, I believe I was at the very first of the technology age, I kind of grew up with general conference. Now days it's just twice a year the old days it was like four times a year which seems to me a bit much but I guess it was because it was changed. I'm sure I remember this right I also remember having to suffer through quarterly conference as well. We had far too many people in our stake to meet in the tabernacle so we always used Boise high school auditorium. One weekend for sessions as well as the evening session for priesthood holders/males (oddly now there is a women's meeting at 6 PM and will be broadcast churchwide through electronic media. All one last thing in the old days general conference was Friday Saturday and Sunday now assist the weekend which I guess is enough if you're a little kid. I thought it was the weirdest thing go to church watching TV. It was still alive two hours. Now, once the session is broadcast it can be watched at any time so I suppose there are people now who gladly work to conference or whatever they do watch it when they can so when they have to report they can report they watched the event – – very important for church records to get an idea of how many saints watch the sessions. I've said enough. What a grand time to live I'm still thankful above all for Disney plus


No comments: