Thursday, April 21, 2022

So Much Wind

 

.



I really did not think this was going to be such a busy week but it seems to of turned out as such. Granted I'm going back and forth to the credit union much more than usual just because I'm trying to remove D Dianne's name from our shared account which mean surely there'll be no account. That's right I found the only way to do this is to eradicate the account. I guess there might be a way around the account to save it from oblivion but actually it's way too much work and there might be a cost involved so better to just let the credit line die. So, that's one trip to the credit union and back again then at the end of the day 4:00 PM I had appointment with my occupational therapist Casey. Fortunately I was able to get “Rides For Wellness” the transportation program for seniors and people with disabilities. The program is a bit restrictive and requires that you be organized enough to call the least 24 hours ahead of time to get a ride. I was fortunate enough to be able to get a ride to my appointment however the operation shuts down at 4:00 PM so there would be no right back put me back on Utah transit Authority and that's okay y'all know I believe in public transit just the hard way to end the day especially if you have a tender but.


There's a storm coming in seems to be a very healthy low front. Lots and lots of wind you know the kind were seagulls fly past sideways thinking that their flying. The day was warm at least on the thermometer 71 to 74° the wind and accumulating clouds gave the illusion of a chill in the air. I packed day jacket just in case. Still not quite sure how I feel about how the appointment turned out with my OT. I always like visiting with Casey we have a lot in common. When I first got this power chair I was unhappy with the device and I still am more or less. I'm totally committed however to the operation of the on board elevator that raises me up about 10 inches. I will keep this chair regardless of how much I dislike the device for that one feature alone and like it or not I learned tolive with the other failures of this device. I realize now know is going to make any changes no matter how much I fuss I'm just going to have to basically live with the device. Casey was great in that he listened to me as I outlined the problems I was having the chair and cushion and he certainly willing to work with me and to write whatever I need to to correct the problems as I see them and together we can figure out ways to make this chair more livable for me for the next 4 ½ years if I have that much time. I can't say I came away from the meeting h happy or even satisfied. Casey was able to do some adjustments to the chair which will greatly allow me to enjoy the vehicle until our next meeting which will be until sometime in June when Casey's coming over to the apartment to set my butt down on this device that maps the pressure points all in an effort to get a new cushion. Since I had to ride the bus home stopped off at McDonald's and ordered the cheapest hamburger with extra onions and pickles then fought the wind to the bus stop…

No comments: