Friday, April 15, 2022

No Excuses!

 


No excuses for not doing anything productive today except working out even though the day was marginal some sunshine, some rain or wind of my than I would've liked but I did spend some time outside reading so I guess the day was not a complete loss. Perhaps not loss of all because I enjoyed just hanging around the apartment on a Friday afternoon. My butt, is basically healed, the nurse this morning did change addressing but now were applying what we called the “second” skin. It's a very fine piece of tape like surgical tape that's breathable yet waterproof and acts as a deterrent to shearing or the eroding away of the skin due to friction particularly from the rocking motion of my power chair if I go anywhere for an extended period of time. And maybe that's just the place for him at this point in my life. I was talking with a dear friend yesterday whom we had not communicated in some time and is were catching up I inquired to the health of his brother who has Parkinson's and sadly it is gotten to a much more aggressive stage. One must keep in mind this individual was highly physical and very active and I'm so proud that he made the decision as opposed to be depressed and and withdrawn from his life activities to develop a new set of activities that will meet with what he can do. Such a brilliant thought. That would certainly is alleviate me from having to feel guilty every day that I don't do a bunch of stuff either outside my apartment are in the community. Be happy doing what you can do and accept that.


Perhaps, I can count my daily posting to my blog as one of those things that I do every day that makes me less of a sloth. Interestingly, my friend indicated that he follows my blog (one of the few I know that do there's a couple of you) indicated he wished that I was still posting. I was astounded that he would make such a comment. But for some reason the posts that he was getting to the blog stopped sometime in December 2014! I think for the first time I was really freaked out that someone wasn't able to access the rest of my blog. I mean I always try to minimize the blog after all is just a blog. It's not like I've used the blog to use as a springboard to do an actual publication – – even though I've had the opportunity which is of course another story altogether. I suppose I can still harness a couple of hundred decent blog postings by them together and throw them out to the world is a book or publication of some sort. I seriously doubt that I would get time on NPR but one would never know. I wish I had written with the same tenacity poetry as I have done with the blog. Then, I feel I would've had something worthy of dragging to a publisher. There's something that wills up inside of me that blocks me from doing just that at the age of 71. Almost a fear of success, what if? Just maybe a one or two shot deal for the final curtain who knows maybe that's better than nothing

No comments: