Friday, April 08, 2022

Sugar Sugar

 







 




Around the first the week I noticed my nut bowl was getting was getting low. I'm going through this phase right now run quite proud of myself for putting together a real live nut bowl. I imagine if our to buy a real live commercial mixed nut bowl would cost a fortune. My mixed nut bowl has almonds, cashews, peanuts of course, filberts, and Brazil nuts. Sometimes if I get lucky in the giveaway bags of walnuts from food bank all include those as well. So I think it's like a high level nut bowl. Anyway, I emptied the rest of the bag of cashews I had and I noticed I was out of Brazil nuts to as I added the last of the Brazil nuts. Want to make sure I had more on hand so I ordered a pound of each Brazil nuts and cashews for now. So it was without surprise when a block showed up about two days ago – – actually I was surprised because I placed the order on Monday and Wednesday a box from Amazon showed up outside my door. I actually let it stay there a day figuring it was just the box of nuts, no big deal. I thought that was really quick turnaround but like I said it's just a box of nuts object to them sometime soon.


This morning could have been tragic. For the first time and many hundreds of nights and mornings I almost did not make the transfer from my bed to the chair. I came extremely close to falling. I'm still not sure quite exactly what happened but I was a little frantic as both legs were hanging off the bed trying to drag my body to the floor. Luckily I was able to insert my hands into the bed frame on the far side of my little mechanical bed and eventually drug my the legs back up onto the mattress and restart the whole process. This took probably 15 to 20 minutes butbut I'll save back up on my bed and I caught my breath and did the transfer again this time been successful. I have to admit expended a great deal of energy on the save. Hopefully now I'll be more cautious and daring for the next couple years. Anyway, after that I figured I was good to go for the rest of the day.


I've been contacted by text message by my home care nurse that should be coming around 10 AM and was 9:30 AM when my homecare person Gloria, turn me loose. She had brought in the box on the outside of the door so I figured why not spend a half an hour opening the box and then putting the nets up in the closet. I checked the box and certainly sounded like knots so I my little rocker life out and cut the Amazon box away revealing the inner box that didn't look like they were knots it said something do with candy. I looked at that shipping notice one is of course from Amazon but the other was from a candy company! And it was signed by “Dennis” the infamous Dennis D. My buddy from the old days the same buddy who sent me my very own shopping basket to use at the market so I didn't have to sby post entryteal the markets plastic lap baskets. Dennis and come through again. Dennis and read my blog entry earlier this week or leader last week I can't remember about penny candy and how much I miss the old days in the old candy store. It sounds candy company and shipped a box of candy filled with candy from the 1960s! What a guy? I totally enjoyed looking at the box and finally when my home health nurse showed up a few minutes later she assisted me in opening the box itself. There is all this great candy inside. I'll be in the sugar coma for a week but I plan to use it over the next year and my main candy store next to my tools about rack in my front room. Not to be tried but what a sweet thing to do. Thanks Dennis is the best is no way I'm ever going to be able to equal that back to you but you know that…

No comments: