Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Bottle of Wine Fruit Of The Vine

 




I actually tried to get to bed little early last night in hopes of getting a decent nights sleep, getting a weight off my butt and being able to head into my meeting and assist Inc. today. I was blown away when I happened to look out the window as I was closing the drapes to get undressed for bed and saw nothing but whiteness! There was snow all over the bushes outside the window! Real snow! Serious snow! I was so taken aback/impressed with I put off by addressing one out in the hallway went down the doors looked outside and sure enough snow was falling in huge white flakes illuminated by the parking lamps. The weather forecaster indicated there would be some snow accompanied with this pressure system coming in, a low-pressure system. I thought it be just a few flakes here and there after all it is spring. When I woke this morning I actually heard shovels scraping concrete outside my window. The early morning crew was busy at work removing snow from the sidewalks.


I don't know if It was the ushered in lower pressure system or the snow which fill heavily during the night I slept pretty decently not waking up until like 5 AM which hardly ever happens. I was rested more so than usual in my butt felt pretty decent. Everything went well for a Tuesday morning. I didn't even get up till 7 AM again that never happens. I pretty much got ready called and the offset 8 AM just to be sure and there was going to be a meeting. I dug out my red jacket from the closet and finally crawled into it and caught the 9:55 AM route 47 into the very central train station and often downtown I went. Fortunately, the only thing I really had to contend with was the cold air and it was pretty chilly. Often on throughout the morning the cloud to build up look ferocious then just sort of blow away. We blasted through the names pretty quickly at my Assist, Inc. meeting. The staff over the last couple of months cleaned out a room in the back of the building that I knew was there but really never thought about. This makes an excellent meeting room for our get-togethers on meeting. Interestingly (and I've written about this before about how the new staff at Assist, Inc. has totally turned it into a Mormon workstation). There is a stash of bottles of wine sitting on the floor in this room that no one knows quite what to do with. These are the big bottles of wine that Roger and David used to serve at the Christmas functions or other fund-raising functions for Assist. I don't know what happened to the balls hard liquor maybe Roger took it with him when he left. But these bottles of wine stuck around. Truly funny these guys don't know what to do with it. I'm going to start putting pressure on them to let me have a least two bottles. There is a nice Pinot and bottle of rosé I'm pretty interested in. I don't know if I have a ghost of a chance of getting it but maybe if I volunteer who those?…

No comments: