Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Bratwurst and Taters

 





Tuesday, that means it's a downtown day which means I get to select where and what I want to do for lunch. The last couple of meetings that I've done for assist I've pretty much defaulted and stopped at the Taco Time for lunch, which of course is where my favorites but I need to vary the course the little. Since yesterday I did Asian I thought today our travel uptown from the Assist, Inc.office check out one of the interested restaurants. Space I know it's pretty shallow but all the sudden I don't feel I can go to Market St., Grill the way I look when I've traveled downtown. I mean this is an upscale restaurant and I end up looking like a hobo many times. They never refused me but that is just because they're kind and I'm such an oddity I border on being adorable . I'm sure this other great places I could go but I attended default to the German restaurant Siegfried's Delicatessen. I won't bore you with the particular since I've written about this place before but it is one of my favorites when I want to do something heavy and tasty. Siegfried just avant-garde enough will seek anybody in the close enough to the tracks lines that there's plenty of hobos that wander by if not into the establishment.


Siegfried Delhi is smack dab in the middle of the business district downtown and if you plan to go there over lunch you have to deal with their line which sometimes is out the door. There was a significant line when I got there but not too bad. Kind of weird but I'm sure do the pandemic and resulting inflation urging is costing more. Remember my gripe about yesterday's cost of Asian food today I noticed the cost of my German lunch just a little bit more than I remember paying for it about six months ago. Sadly according to many of the folks on the news shows especially the financial news shows like Marketplace, the cost will never go back down as they were. Nothing saying there artificially high, the costs, but you sure thing to get in the the short end of the stick sometimes but you just have to eat it – – excuse the pun. For nine dollars I got one sausage sliced with a slide of fried potatoes and that was it! I didn't have a drink I never do and I didn't even use the special which of the been to sausages for nine dollars. I know I should've done that and taken the sausage home but I just didn't care. I was happy with what I was getting and what I got. I enjoyed the hot mustard with my German sausage fried taters were quite a treat. I really must limit myself to just once or twice a year at the school restaurant.


I finished my meal and wandered around Salt Lake downtown a little bit longer before working my way up to the train station they'll take me back to Murray central station and from there route 47 and home. My but didn't hurt too much so I hope I'm getting better on not level and I'm glad to got my responsibility out of the way and the tasty restaurant to boot. The day was not as warm as I would like due to cloud cover in such the temperature was in the 70s but I still drug a blanket with me just in case…

No comments: