Monday, April 18, 2022

Medical Monday




Remember the number months ago when I went through that whole thing about not being able to go to the bathroom/urinate and ended up having a bladder infection and carted myself off to the emergency room with the help of an ambulance? Well, one of the things which resulted from that experience was the making an appointment with a urologist so I'd have some sort of urological support if and when I have these issues again which I guess I'm sure that I well. Typically, when not at the ER, I end up going just to the IHC clinic which is kind of around the corner. But I would really like to have her urological home that makes sense. So anyway the people there at the ER made the appointment for me at the Granger medical clinic which is through somewhat urology. I even went to a basic meeting with the neurologist Brandy Rudy which is actually the practitioner but I thought she was great. The only problem is her offices like just a long way away 9600 S. 1300 E. add to the fact that all my other medical supports are at IHC medical (the death Star) I feel I need to consider getting my urological dock at the IHC campus in Murray Utah. Luckily, I guess, when they made the appointment that was until like the middle of May if I remember right this was all happening right around Christmas week of the first part of January. So, I've had this appointment at the Granger clinic looming out there for a number of months. The reason that I initially made the appointment has been bladder infection has passed so the need for immediacy is well past. Essentially I cured myself with the help of the drugs prescribed. However, I still feel I need to have the urology tool in my medical kit.


I just finished calling IHC neurology department because I'm unsure of how to make an appointment rather than being referred over by my attending Doc. The individual I spoke with on the phone was great, after I got off a monumental whole time, and she of course really didn't know the process and was scoring to contact my regular Doc to find out what the process would be. I don't know how long this will take I'm sure I can do it in time to cancel the other appointment at Granger. Maybe it's today's dose of favorable spring weather or the fact that we just finished Easter season but I feel somewhat rejuvenated and trying to take control some of these vital issues of my life. I have to admit anytime I'm dealing with the medical establishment I always get a little nervous. I would be surprised if I got an appointment before June so that gives me time to establish how I'm going to get there with her I wanted take Utah transit Authority's bus which is not a bad way to go are utilized that new transport service I've been using lately where a wheelchair accessible vehicle picks me up and drive me to my appointment and then returns me to the apartments. That opens another dilemma for me then do I use a service just because it's handy when actually the weather is great and I could actually be on the transit system making the transit system comply with its mandate of providing transportation to everyone regardless of ability…

No comments: