Monday, April 11, 2022

Losing Teeth One Sheer At A Time


I won't say it was a significantly eventful day but it was an eventful day just the same. What should been good news, and it is good news actually, but for my nurse came today to change my dressing he reported there were no wounds! The morning of been strange anyway my regular person who comes on Monday Melissa was about 20 minutes late. Usually that's not a big deal, but this morning I was contacted by a nurse by the name of of “Ed” wanted to know if she could come around 9:30 AM which I thought was okay except for my home health person being late which would push the time into my wound nurse time. I don't know why but I was really expecting my nurse to be Sydney who has been my nurse for the past three weeks. I was really getting accustomed to her. It doesn't sound like Syd is coming back anytime soon. But Ed certainly did a great job of changing the old dressings and putting lotion on the now nonexistent wounds. This rule, spooked me because I'm now pretty gun shy of any skin breakdown and I just don't feel that secure I feel like I'm really at risk from day-to-day anymore. So, I was pleased when Ed said he won the follow-up at least for the next week and next week which add up to about five more visits. I really have to admit these home health nurses are really great. The sky Ed does all medical course really interesting guy.


And, getting a new home health nurse, if that was not dramatic enough to begin a week as I was chomping down on some nuts I have my mixed nut bowl I once again felt something scrape something stone like and gingerly isolating the intruder with my tongue brought the remains out on the tip of my finger. I was shocked to see fragments of tooth. More to the shearing. I think this tooth has sheared before and Alan my doc/dentist has worked on it before under similar conditions. Sadly, Dr. Anderson doesn't work on Mondays but I happen to have his home number that I called and he informed me that he could see me on Tuesday/tomorrow. His staff will be there sometime today and schedule such an appointment. Fortunately the tooth crumble just on the outside of the tooth, probably when I bit into a tougher nut than I anticipated. Luckily, there is no pain associated with this sheer. The staff did call later and like a dummy made an appointment for Wednesday morning – – Tuesday was completely booked and I have meetings downtown Salt Lake in the morning – – only later did I realize that 9 AM Wednesday morning I'll be finishing up with my shower and probably will be next interfacing with the nurse. So, I'm going to have to change the date till Thursday probably and hope for the best. I may have to risk morning coffee. I wish I had thought to take an image of the tooth fragment but alas it's long gone so no image for today guys maybe will have better luck tomorrow…


No comments: