Thursday, April 28, 2022

Payday Pleasures

 



I was pleased when I opened up my online bank account and saw that my may deposit from the state of Utah had been posted. This is a very much little less than $400 but it's enough to make me feel like I can go out and spend something. And the truth be known I could go out and spend really for just about anything that I would be interested in which is basically groceries. Interesting also to note that I was called earlier and in the week by my home healthcare provider, Joe, that my April payment had not gone through. I was surprised that he had waited till the last week of the month to process my favorite. Obviously Joe would not used the credit card I have listed for the account since I lost my wallet and such about a month ago. Interesting as well that the cost for last month service was almost the same as my pension from the state! Fortunately, either way not a big deal. This poses for the benefits of being this far along in life that you have enough resources to cover just about anything you might need on a regular basis. Today that was grocery shopping.


I just want to pick up a few things from the market to get me through the weekend. I make it sound like it's a big deal but it really is not. If nothing else is just a chance to flex my financial muscles even just a little bit. For traits I got scoopers Fritos and bean dip. I also got about 10 cups of yogurt. I got the storebrand yogurt which is roughly half price of the upscale yogurt. Today they had a deal of if you got 10 cups you got one cup of yogurt free. I thought I had all my yogurt in the row but when I got home I found out that I was shy about three yogurts. I didn't have the energy to go back everything works out in the long run I truly believe this. I have enough yogurt now to get through my current phase of “healthy” breakfasts to thin slices of wheat toast with one yogurt and a fruit banana or citrus some sort. It's good, fills me up makes you think I'm eating right so it's a win-win situation all the way around. I also got broccoli, green pepper and other items needed to cook from scratch. I've noticed something weird the last couple of months is that I'm not cooking as much as I used to. I don't really know why I just am not. I think this is strange because I really do like cooking. I just been taking the easy way out of other processed food are have other people leave food of my door and get by that way. Either way I still have to get out of the house to do some shopping for groceries now and again. I'm going to commit this month to more cooking. More scrambled egg breakfasts basically egg sandwiches. I do enjoy the whole idea of Vienna sausages with the eggs in between the toast followed up with citrus is some sort or banana. My goal is to use all that I purchased, as much as I can, by the end of the month. I do miss fast food but real food is better at least that's what I keep telling myself…

No comments: