Monday, April 25, 2022

What Is This Secret Symbol?

 




More and more I'm being shoved into that slot of “senior” with all the derisive memes that seem to go along with the title. I did not really have anything on the agenda today so I was not totally weirded out/bummed out when my nurse called to indicate she wouldn't be able to get by until about 1230 to 1:30 PM. With this in mind I had my morning staff dress me for the day and time to just hung around the apartment. I was anxious however to get on the bus and head south to desert industries down 7000 S. and Redwood Road. In point of fact I would've done exactly that once Melissa was done with me this morning. I have found Deseret Industries (DI) is probably one of the best places in the area to really find a used book especially paperback. However, an early visit to DI was not going to happen today.


When the nurse did get here I was very pleased. An RN I had not had before. I was a little worried when she called that I'd have to retrain the whole person again, and I did, but it wasn't a bad thing she took the direction extremely well and I think we both enjoyed the time we spent together. Anyway, I finally got away from the apartment around 2 o'clock and was able to get to DI and find a couple of titles that I thought would be of interest and felt great being out in the decent spring weather. Having finished this task I need to find something to eat something quick. I had not really eaten a lot this morning just because I was waiting for my nurse and such. By the time I was in the DI searching for books I was getting dizzy sort of that hypoglycemic panic when you feel you've got it eat something sweet or protein quickly to beat the word sensations that you're feeling.


I wasn't sure what was around the area that I could get something quick, some protein. I knew there was a Taco Bell about a block away and I figure that might do. I headed north outside the door of the desert industries towards the intersection. As I was cruising that way I passed a couple of little restaurants that were in the little outside mall I had the past to get to the intersection. I'd seen these before “real” Mexican and Asian restaurants that always smelled pretty good but I was really unsure how to go about doing the whole order thing which I know sound stupid but it's held be back until the day. I went into a place that I could not see had any kind of markings on the door of the name of the place or whatever but they had tables with bottles of sauces and stuff and it was Asian. Us pretty sure Vietnamese but not totally positive leading characters point. The set me at the table happily, I couldn't find a menu there is only one of the little square things that are popped up everywhere from the morning news to I don't know just about everything! I have not really figured out how to use the little square of all the little marks on it. From what I gather you just take a picture of it with your phone and somehow it all in her links together. I think the staff of the school restaurant can see my bewilderment and brought over a tablet with an electronic menu which is at least usable. I still wasn't quite sure how I was going to order but they were certainly gracious enough to let me blunder through. Which I did the got a terrific eggroll with rice and shredded vegetables on top – raw. I didn't really care about the price. I had my plastic with me so I knew I can for just about anything and I thought it's only lunch how bad could it be? This was a lot more expensive than I anticipated, doable and I'm glad I did make a fuss but $14.95 for eggrolls rice and I ask for an order of rice to go with me seemed a little high even with the inflation of the world these days. I loved the meals I plan to go back. Truly glad to a found this place I just wish I could figure out ways to order better than I did…

No comments: