Monday, April 04, 2022

Taming The Beasts

 



I like rice crispy treats. Of course I like the real thing better that gooey concoction made from melted marshmallow and contents from a box of rice crispies of course made by Kellogg's. I'm sure there is so many knockoffs of rice crispies anymore that very few treats are made by the actual Kellogg Corporation but you want to believe. I've made rice crispy treats a couple times I like the point when you roll them out into a flat sheet and then cut them into the little squares the actual “treats”. Of course, not everybody makes these delights and many have neither the time nor the interests to do homemade treats so for those Kellogg's have developed their own offering wrapped up rice crispy treats. These are great of course about good as the homemade version but one must make considerations for the busy folks of this day and age.


Today was kind of special. I unexpectedly got spend time with one of my grandchildren Asher.*What a guy totally smart I get to submit things he's doing right now but you would not believe me. I guess, ashes going to school online which I think is pretty cool. Good thing I worry about is his lack of socialization but the way schools are these days is probably wise to keep them home and safe. It's really just too crazy out there but the reason I bring up this visit for my grandson today is because he offered me one of his coveted rice crispy treats, made by Kellogg's. I know this seems a little trite to go on about but the little man chose me to share his treat with that makes you feel special. Asher was actually over to my apartment yesterday as well when he came over with his parents to bring me dinner. It's really one of the first time she's ever come to my apartment and actually visited with me direct I totally felt blessed. And today Asher came back! Asher came , I believe, because Ashley genuinely wanted to come to visit me – – granddad. I don't think the lad actually knows what to do with me yet but that's okay he's testing the waters to see how consistent I am and probably in my worth being a grandfather. The kids brilliant I feel honored that he's visited my home twice in the 24-hour period the past two days previous 48 hours but you know what I mean. He thinks my apartment looks like a shop, probably like a basement or garage without workbench. But took this as a complement. I think he really kind of likes my place. He's finding out more and more about me as well today he asked or wanted to know the speed of my power chair that seemed important to him and was somewhat awed when I told Asher the chair 6.1 miles an hour and that's a true fact. Asher was impressed I'm still not. It's very slow but we've got over that in other posts. I'm not sure who is training who in this relationship by that I mean it's is he taking time and reinforcing our begetting relationship – or am I open up my apartment and so much of my life to this young man in hopes that he will accept me as a grandfather and as a friend. Those are not necessarily mutually exclusive. All I know is I think I'm making progress because without any other input he dug through his belongings and found this rice crispy treat and offered it to me just as you would a wild animal you're trying to tame. Of course, I accepted the treats the most genuine fashion just wished Asher had more…

No comments: