Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Waiting For Sidney

 


It's 4 o'clock in the afternoon and I still have not had my visit from the RN who adjudicates the progress of my healing on my rear end and changes the dressing. It's not a big deal – – though it's kind of I could be as I could be out doing a lot of stuff. I'm not sure what really happened this morning because usually well I'm doing my business or when I'm in the shower I get a pesky call from the nursing agency that sends out my Rns. No call like that came this morning however I didn't pay much attention to the fact I had no information on when staff would be here. I eventually called one of the phone numbers from the Rns that have attended me before to see if they had heard anything. Nurse Sidney called me back a few minutes leaders indicating that I had been scheduled with Mr. Ed (I don't think he likes the fact that I call him Mr. Ed – that's is just too much fun ) . Mr. Ed told nurse Sidney that he'd just gotten back up and wasn't sure when he would get to me and their Sidney volunteered to come over instead take care my dressings. How lucky am I? If there is a drawback to the situation settlers Sidney was already in her day and not get to be told around 3:30 PM which means I've totally lost the day and it looked like time in my state to mid 70s. That's okay I'm glad to have a new dressing.


I don't plan to really try to salvage anything of the day. I had contemplated hopping the bus going down to Smith's food and drug which is just down a couple streets and getting some more Chinese noodles and possibly some fresh fruit for the weekend. But even now that sort of let the air out of my sails waiting this long. I'm almost at the point where I want to kick back turn on the news start thinking about what's for dinner. The day was the total loss. I was up at 5 AM washing my clothes for the week. This is a new development I have been trying the last couple of weeks. I get up really when no one else is up rundown through my washing machine, and later throw the washing of the dryer and dry another sequence after that it's all finished except for removing from the dryer and folding and put away and I have my morning staff, Gloria do that which is happy to do! I really am lucky. Kind of makes me groggy for the rest of the day, sleep wise, perhaps that's the reason I didn't mind so much with nurse care being so late in the day. It's just nice to have the wash taking care of. I don't think I have the energy to make meatballs and then boil up spaghetti noodles. I may leave that for another day. I still have half the container of white rice that I got from the new Asian restaurant found earlier in the week. I have a steak cooked and wandering around the refrigerator somewhere. I might pull it out nuke it and mix with the rice which I think might make a great dinner for bury everything underneath soy sauce

No comments: