Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Tuesday@The Credit Union


One of the casualties from our divorce was the shared bank account which resulted in shared credit cards on that account. As we dissolved our union was only natural that we should eradicate those items shared in our financial relationship. I cannot believe how difficult this task as been. I'm sure that I am to some degree the reason for the difficulty but still it's unbelievable to me. A large part of the problem I guess is from the fact that I opened and closed so many accounts in the last couple years due primarily to losing or having my wallet stolen from me.


Today look like it should be cold but it was not just overcast during the chilly impression. This is by and between week so I don't have to go downtown for my Assist meeting. I figured for sure I could get this problem with the checking account cleared up. Actually I thought I only had was quite surprised to find that Dianne's name still on the account. I wanted to get this task done early because you never know what the weather's going to turn here in Utah during the spring – – or any of the time for that matter – – my butt felt pretty good with the dressings that by staff and put on yesterday so I figured timeout in the street would not be a problem. I grabbed a heavy flannel shirt a lot headed out of the apartment well on my lap just in case I got caught in the shower or something or I needed something to wrap around my shoulders. Many bus drivers love to crank up the air-conditioning as the days begin to warm. I've learned there's nothing more uncomfortable than an air-conditioned bus in early spring going full blast.


It was around 10 AM I got to the credit union. I only had change buses once. I did not even have to spend time in the line waiting. One of those young pretty people banks and credit unions hire waved me over and I began to lay out my problem. She patiently listen to me as I tried to outline the history and issues I had with credit cards and various accounts. A briefly gave an overview of the divorce and why we still had a shared account. The young teller assured me that we could we could finalize the removal of my exes name from the account probably most easily by shutting the account down entirely. That means I would have to close out the credit card. By closing the credit card that will extinguish the names on that card. I really want to do it right there. Close out the account to make everybody happy. Then I realized on this particular card I had set up a number of “automatic pay” accounts. If I'd shut down the account before I moved all those automatic pays to my other credit card I could be causing some major problems from the first of the month or whenever these accounts pull money. This of course means I'm not able to close out the account today as I planned. I must go home take out both cards make sure of got the numbers correct remove all the automatic pay accounts over to the credit card I plan to keep and then go back and close out the pesky shared account. I felt a little defeated as I waited for the bus to pick me up and take me home just a little I was more impressed with the fact that it was not even 11 AM yet and I had ridden the bus, communicated with the bank will soon be home again to finish out my day and all before the rain start which are forecast for this afternoon…


No comments: