Monday, May 30, 2022

Age Of Shredder

 



Another inside day, today and the that's okay. Formal clouds, wind and rain told me I needed to work on the kid letters. I was able to get probably half of them finished today which means I probably hopefully will get the letters in the mail on 1 June. This will be a great start to the month.


The only problem with not going out and doing stuff makes Mark a dull boy. Besides writing letters worked on the kitchen a little bit especially the table. I did not get the table cleared but I least opened up an Amazon package I received a couple days ago. On a whim I decided I needed a paper. I don't think I will ever get used to the idea that with a link to the Internet and active credit card and Amazon home delivery I can get anything I want the matter of days sometimes just one day. Lucy, my home health person that comes on Mondays, asked about the box and what it was. The box been sitting on my table now for less than a week. I told her it was a paper shredder and Lucy looked at me like I had three heads and asked why I needed a paper shredder. I told her because I wanted one I wanted a paper shredder which would chew up credit cards. I seem to of gathered quite a few over the years and they become quite confusing hanging around all the time. I also have heaps of paper gathering around the apartment and I don't need to file everything but at the same time I don't feel comfortable just throwing the documents away. Another justification for a paper shredder.


I really wanted a large, supersize, paper shredder but the more I thought about the supersize paper shredder the more I realized I didn't need something that large I don't have that much junk mail. I just felt I needed something to shred things with. I did not buy the cheapest machine I came across on Amazon close to it. The machine seemed reliable and efficient and strong enough to chew a plastic which really won me over. Truth be told, the paper shredder rested on the table because I'm not sure really what to do with the shredder once I liberate the machinethe from its box. That's also when I realized this machine is going to have to be close enough to a electrical outlet plug it in which is going to be quite the challenge. I think I have most of the problem resolved. I've got a couple of vacant chairs hanging out in my living room that I could set the shredder on and plug it in when I need to. This will certainly cause some awkward moments but I think is the best solution. In reading the directions for safety use of the shredder, it says to unplug the shredder would not being used. This seems like a lot of extra work but I can justify dedicating a whole empty chair to a shredding machine. We'll see what happens after a couple weeks.


My daughter called this afternoon from or gone as she traveled to another city to pick the kids up to return home. They been staying with her father over the long weekend. We talk a lot on these trips it takes to pick the kids up our drop them off. Anyway, we talked about my fear of our culture walking right into the artificial intelligence AI trap. We spent a good deal of time discussing the Marvel universe and other variations of our timeline. Our discussion got me thinking especially after the Avengers:Age of Ultron where an artificial intelligence takes on all the avengers as well as planet Earth. It was a great discussion we both agreed that in the age of the development of artificial intelligence in our culture were relatively safe from our toasters and coffee makers but I have to admit I'm a little leery of this pint sized paper shredder sitting on this captain's chair like an invited guest…


No comments: