Sunday, May 29, 2022

Sunday Clouds and a Chance For Rain

 



It's not really a cold day but with the often on rain showers, dark clouds and persistent winds it's a day to be inside. I must remind myself that it's spring and these temperature fluctuations are to be expected and I don't really mind being cooped up this holiday weekend. It's kind of nice having a book to read and then having its sequel (which arrived yesterday) at the ready to dive into just in case I finish the volume by Tuesday morning.


Fortunately for me, when we had breakfast this morning at the restaurant, it was between squalls and the temperature is pretty nice actually. I did not problems at all zipping over and having a leisurely breakfast with my setting granddaughter and her boyfriend. I was back in time before the next wave of showers washed through. I've been here ever since taking in a couple of movies I had thought that I had seen especially The Marathon Man with Dustin Hoffman. I cannot believe I have not seen this movie for as long as it's been around. And right now I can't even remember the other movie that I sat through. So I can't say it's been a productive day. I should've been writing letters is the first of the month is coming up and it's about time to do my June letters. Actually, pleasantly surprised to find that still have two days in the month. I'm sure I can get a good whack at the letters if I'm fairly focused tomorrow and Tuesday. But be great to have them all done by the first.


This morning I became painfully aware that my granddaughter will be graduating from high school this week! I was little worried whether she should be able to pull pull it off but she did it and I have to be proud of her. Now, I need to stir up some money for the little darling. I have said it before I'm not very good at this kind of stuff. I never get the funding on time or I miss the event altogether. I kind of shocked myself because I actually asked for permission to not go to the graduation or commencement. I guess I could finagle a way to get there for a really wanted to but in all honesty commencements are not my favorite things especially in a wheelchair, perhaps they weren't so bad when I wheelchair van and someone to go with but taking a taxi/some kind of wheelchair vehicle tune from the event as well as the dinner I just find myself backing out. The granddaughter seem to be okay with it and I'll make sure she gets her funds.


I still have a couple of hours tonight to kill. I wish I had enough energy to start my letters I think I'll wait until tomorrow. Since I'm not going to any graveyards for decoration Day/Memorial Day I might as well do something for the living and write a couple letters and get a jump on my first of the month activities. Sounds like the holiday will be a carbon copy of the day with heavy showers often on throughout the day. I have no restaurant/breakfast to go to just my morning shower and other business. I could do a production for breakfast certainly have everything for it but it's hard to really get motivated on a shower day. My person usually gets it right in the middle of what would normally be my meal preparation time in the morning and by the time we get done with showering and such it's 9:30 AM usually pretty late in the morning for breakfast at that point especially production. So, I'm not sure what I will do then just enjoyed the day I reckon sometimes it's all you can do when you can't get to a graveyard

No comments: