Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Kind of Weird Day

 


It's weird but I was thinking today that I was still working for the state I would have had a board meeting today. It seems invariably that I would have board meetings day after a national holiday. This of course meant that I would not enjoy my holiday because I would be fretting about my numbers, general presentation and do I right handouts? The whole process drove me crazy in fact not having these meetings to worry about, after a separate state, was the best part of that strange process.


Now I just have to get up and do my daily routine. Since this is the off week I don't have to worry about Board meeting at Assist, Inc. I used today productively to take the bus and to the Utah Center For Assistive Technology surplus and pick up a piece of equipment for my power chair that has been missing for a couple weeks. I was late getting out since I decided to do my work out before heading to Salt Lake. Was a good day for public transit I didn't run into any problems on my trip in and out. The drivers were nice and civilized. I was able to play the game on my cell phone all the way home. I was even in time to catch my 3 PM radio show “Marketplace”. Like I said it wasn't much but I did feel productive. I did something which took me away from my comfort zone and managed to get repaired my power chair at no cost to me. This was a pretty good day on top of that I was able to just barely get the letters out to the kids . This was a real challenge for some reason my computer lost contact with the printer. I tried to get the system fixed on my own to no avail. Calls into PC laptop where I got the computer didn't do me any good. Then I was going to print the letters on the computers in the lab upstairs and of course I fried by some drive sometime this month which is no use anymore. I was going to print the letters then handwrite the envelopes. In the end I caved and called Mark Anthony to see if he could talk me through but instead they drop by at work and redirected my computer to link up with the printer and so it was just fine but certainly the process back a couple hours as well as the blog. I really need to look at blogging earlier in the day and not leaving this work until late. All the same though about the boring transcript of the day completed and I'm quite ready for bed…

No comments: