Thursday, May 05, 2022

Good news Bad news


It's official! My butt is healed or so says the discharge manager nurse Haley from IHC medical home to deliver services. She's kind of a head honcho over a lot of the nurses that go out to the various apartments, houses the living situations that people with wounds inhabit. I of course am glad to hear that I'm healed but the same time that also means I no longer have someone coming in to change the dressings every three days or so – – not that I need to have my dressings changed because after all, I'm healed! But if I'm not getting a new dressing which can also be interpreted as “second skin” my skin will soon be breaking down again and nurse Haley, with a gleam in her eyes and a smile on her lips, informed me that if things should break down again to please give them a call and they will make sure the orders get processed as quick as possible and will start the process again. This is definitely a double-edged sword if you ask me. The best part about having the nurses command three times a week as they keep a sharp eye on the wound in the process of healing but they also apply a great dressing making the second skin invaluable. The second skin allows me to stay up in my chair for good length of time as well as travel in my chair.


Nurse Haley was/is a fountain of information. She informed me that I might be eligible for continued nursing care under a different program that IHC hospital maintains. Something to do with occupational therapy versus wound care. Were technically I could be off wound care but use the occupational/vocational therapy part of the equation to receive services that way somehow. It is all kind of inky to me but I think it's probably worth exploring. I just do not want to get depressed trying to find a solution the weather might not be one that I want to utilize. The big solution always ends up being to give up everything for an apartment nursing service or even worse long-term care. It's a bunch of information to try to chew on but at least it's something to chew. Nurse Haley also gave me some ideas on how to deal with the possible threat/opportunity for a colonoscopy and how I might alleviate a lot of the problems I envision when it's recommended that I have a colonoscopy. There is one group of my readers who do not think I need to have a colonoscopy since the last one was so clean but again that's nearly 8 years ago – – time flies – – so I don't know quite what to do on that level.


Nurse Haley was definitely a bright spot for the day after my visit to the colorectal surgeon and all the questionable information that she left me with and decisions I'm still having to consider. On top of all this my bum is beginning to ache like the good old wounds are beginning to act up again but that's typical it's almost the weekend…

No comments: