Sunday, May 22, 2022

Madness X 2




It's that time of year or I don't dare were short sleeves as much as I would like to. It's taken me a number of years to painfully learn that even though the day looks warm and make the warm when you start out there can radically change in a matter of minutes. After a very cool start the morning today did warm up in fact by the time we were done with breakfast at the restaurant it was pretty nice outside as I rolled on home. Granted, I was wearing a longsleeved shirt and glad that I did because had I not I would've been very chilly that would've held true all the way through because I actually went to the movies late morning. Dear reader I don't know if you remember but I am taking advantage of the Regal theater system the “Unlimited” program. As many movies as I want as many times as I want plus earn points for free popcorn and free drinks. Granted it takes a while to build up that many points but it does happen. Even though I can afford the cost of treats at the theater I just have a hard time paying six dollars for a small popcorn in the same amount for a small drink. Today I was pretty well committed to not purchasing any treats and just surviving off of my bootleg starbursts that I found the bottom of my backpack. But after I got my unlimited ticket for the movie I thought about what the heck I'll go ahead and purchase a popcorn at least. Then just out of curiosity I asked the teenager who is running the ticket/concessions did I have enough points for a drink or popcorn the little guy went to the cash register our computer wherever asked my phone number three times before he got it all in and then came back indicating I had no points accumulated to have a popcorn and a drink! Happy face! Unbelievable. I probably could've had a drink and popcorn the last couple movies that I attended when I paid like $12 for drink and popcorn! I'm glad I asked because obviously the adolescent was a do let me know voluntarily. Not that I think that they should but at those prices they can certainly give you a heads up when you could've enjoyed the treats. I enjoyed by treats my little popcorn in my little drink, which really isn't so little assist the small drink they offer which is kind of huge I've never been able to finish a complete theater drink all by myself – – but makes it sound like somebody goes with me to the theater or movies which is not the case I just have not finished a drink at the movies. I don't know if it was because it was Sunday or what but there is actually maybe 20 people in the theater to be well I was there there never seen that many people at the theater since they opened the theaters up again after the lockdown. I doubt if they're all like me and this is the second time I've sat through the marvel offering this time Dr. strange in the multi-universe madness or whatever the title of the feature was. As I indicated that seen that before but today's movie seem like a brand-new movie. The movie made much more sense this time and I really enjoyed the experience much more. I could blame it on my head injury but I don't think it's that are the fact that I'm 71 years old but I got a lot out of it the second time through.…

No comments: