Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Best Buy Good Try


Today was pretty cool, cold for May that is, as I took off this morning and moving down for an Tuesday morning assist, Inc. meeting. I can tolerate the discomfort of the cool weather because I don't cool weather will be short-lived as a high-pressure system is wondering you later in the week no room temperatures up to near 80°. Sadly, I'm afraid it's just more of the drought and more of the vision of the future of no water. Sometimes I think all those in the world disaster movies where the earth has become a cinder. A dried-up piece of dust floating around the universe. Again, that's all fodder for the blog. Today my agenda was to stop at 21st South train station which is essentially next-door to Best Buy electronics store.


I have this weird ritual goes whenever I contemplate purchasing something significantis that I start checking out the options days if not weeks ahead of time. I think this is some kind of reaction formation in my fear of making purchases and suffering buyers remorse. There is a Best Buy which I think is a bit closer but it's a bit more out of my way training-wise. I feel pretty good rolling around the electronics section of Best Buy until I come to this section where the tablets and laptops reside. It's always at this juncture that I lose all well for the purchase is just too complicated. I'm never sure what I really need. All that I know is that the tablet I currently own is failing and just not as fun begins as it was when new. What I think is weird about tablet is that on the outside the device looks pretty much like my own tablet. It's hard to believe the device sitting there on the display shelf is loaded with new electronic magic which will probably totally blow my mind. I just have to purchase the device.


I'm a long way out yet from buying a new tablet. I'm not even really convinced my mind that I really need one. One of the problems with my current tablet is that Chrome will not stay open on my little system. Stays open for about 10 seconds then closes I cannot search for anything on the tablet, which alone should be enough to move me to purchase, however seems like if I just carry my system into the Best Buy support section it's probably easy fix just a tweak to the software I'm sure. Perhaps I'll get another year out of the system but bear in mind I keep getting flashed “dangerously out of storage capacity” or something like that. Basically I'm running out of room on my hard drive and I discussed this little bit yesterday but still remains. The bottom line is I need to make a decision, just purchased a damn thing… But, for a little bit more I could give a beautiful little laptop there is no chasing another rabbit down another electronic rabbit hole goes if I will ever come up for air…

No comments: