Thursday, May 12, 2022

Snip Snip

 





When you are a person with a disability, the significant disability like mine your we need two things: tape and scissors. Just seems like I'm always needing these things. Tape wise I've used a lot of that specialized “tattoo”tape and Scotch tape. I really envy those people with the love and strength that they can actually hear a piece of tape off the tape device with their bare hands. I think people who can do this are superheroes. My mom could as well as various docs and nurses. Of course the in with it docs always had one of those specialized scissors you know the kind with a flat head orspatt whatever you want to call it which allows the user to easily cut things off like shoes, clothes and dressings on wounds. Somewhere along the line I got a nice little set of the scissors which I found actually have a name something like take scissors because they can slide the flat and right under the tape and remove that dressing right off the wound area with little or no trauma to the wound site. The scissors are most useful and I had a great pair with a red that we been using for years. Last time I remember the scissors being around was when the nurse or later came around to discharge me from the home program. She was helping put addressing on my butt and needed scissors to cut the back and I just told you so. The box which is where I kept the tape Scissors. I believe it was the next day when I was searching for the tape scissors to cut some plastic tubing is used for making some plastic bag urinals are used to drain my catheters into. I could not find the scissors anywhere and have not found the scissors sense. Speaking with one of my home health professionals, Gloria who said this is not remarkable since she believes that after the nurse finished putting the tape she inadvertently slipped the cases is in your pocket and that is that.


Like I said the season for cheap no question about it but I like there are even easy for me to use either cutting tubing, the little packets of lubricant that I didn't say and of the catheter in as well as tape when I need tape for one reason or another. I fully accepted the scissors are gone and like I said this is a cheap and I'm probably better for not having them but I need something. Late yesterday morning after not being able to find a pair of scissors immediately I thought to myself why do I search for a device and then completely forgot about it until this morning when I needed to open up some lubricant. I decided I'd stop everything and do an Internet search and sure enough on my first try I found the scissors actually have a name would just “tape scissors”. There are a number of pair under $10 and I immediately ordered a pair. Later I got confirmation indicating it would actually be it might apartment sometime tomorrow afternoon. I'm totally excited. If after inspection tomorrow I like the scissors I may order more just so I'll have them back up the next time I have home health nurse professionals coming in for services…

No comments: