Monday, May 16, 2022

Monday Funday

 



I hate it when I become the geriatric cartoon but I can't help it. When I hear myself say “ I cannot believe we are on the other half of the month. Where has this month gone?” And all the other sayings that geriatrics love to use to describe the passing of time and how quickly it seems to go as they get closer and closer to their endgame. This is how I felt all day today though realizing this the 16th month.


This is also the first week that I'm officially operational without having to wait for the nurse to come around to change my butt dressings. The dressings that my people are putting on working tremendously well. This morning was only had put on one of the dressings the other was still holding perfectly. So I just let us trying to say, earlier was that since I didn't have to wait for my nurse to get on my life. So I checked out the times for movies and climbed on my own bike about 10:30 AM so I was finished about 11:45 AM. Bridget and Gabriel have done such a great job in keeping my apartment presentable I didn't feel guilty at about taking on to enjoy the early movie. My goal this month is to really use the Regal theater program of going to as many movies as I want for the price of $20!


After yesterday's dismal movie experience I want to wash the bad taste out of my mouth by taking another and I decided to continue the risk and check out this like foreign film called Ninja baby . The movie was a bit of a mystery there were no previews are not even any images on Regal website. I eventually found some obscure listing which showed a couple of cuts from the movie was pretty interesting primarily because the results of titles which I found out later was Scandinavian languages. I was late starting the movie because I was told I have more time than I did so I went to the dollar store to pick up some cheap candy stuff. The movie are started by the time I got into the theater. I have to admit I had to read a lot of subtitles but was worth it. This is a saga were young woman who got knocked up and the decision to her not to keep the infant. The movie was kind of fun I doubt I would sit through it again was definitely enjoyable once.


I was home by 3 PM so I didn't miss my afternoon show but totally enjoyed the afternoon out and about feeling miles in the sunshine on my face (with apologies to John Denver). To make my day more perfect I saw that Bridget had called and they were coming over to help me with some of my electronic problems with my computer stuff. Like I said the day could not have been better at least that's what I think. Today was in the 80s tomorrow will be only the high 70s but maybe just maybe I can do it again… :-)

No comments: