Saturday, May 07, 2022

Seven Days & Spaghetti

 




It's Saturday, the seventh day of May and I didn't want this blog entry to read totally about spaghetti I made today because I don't know this was spaghetti has enough strength to produce 500 words but hopefully with the addition of this day of the month who knows?


I don't remember for sure what year was that I somehow found the mushy public library. When I say found I mean started actually using the system. Of course new were the library was and all that kind of stuff but had never really gone to the place probably because we lived quite a ways away from downtown Boise. Anyway the summer that my brother got his brand-new 15 speed Schwinn and I inherited his 10 speed I think I began to really investigate the area. Somehow, I actually found the hardback volume 7 Days In May . I don't know how I knew the book was a good book I mean exciting but I did somehow. Perhaps there been some sort of notoriety in the paper or something about the movie that had just come out 1964. The novel itself had come out two years earlier. I would been 14 at the time they doubt out of had the means or whatever it would take to go to the movie. So somehow I picked up the hard copy in the library and to get home and read the volume and was totally fascinated by the whole concept. So every year I get a little nostalgic on the seventh day of May I think back about those summer days when I would spend an afternoon reading in in my bedroom, and the lower bunk.


I've been meaning to make spaghetti all week. Monday I took a pound frozen hamburger from the freezer and really meant to do the job sometime this week but it never got done. For some reason, today I was invigorated to the point that why not make spaghetti for this next week. I figured it would be a great thing to do for the Saturday afternoon. I had a bag of spaghetti sauce that I've gotten from the food bank couple weeks ago. The hamburger was already cooked because I made a taco earlier in the week all I had to do was keep the meat and poured into a saucepan of the spaghetti sauce and I would be set. Plus, surprised at how quickly the whole project went together. In one of my orange frying pans and I've gotten from Mark Anthony a heated up to meet opened a can of mushrooms to mix with the meat and then added the spaghetti sauce. I grabbed one of the pots from the hanging rack heated up the water through half a box of spaghetti angel hair into that mix and then got everything together put together and mixed. I was done. Later on the afternoon/evening I heated up a bowl tried an idea I had of making an Italian bread or garlic bread out of hamburger buns didn't work out so well, actually kind of but I did a half assed job. I have not given up on the idea. Space I mean in order to make this attempt I even had to go over to the market picked up a couple containers butter. I came back and mix the butter with the garlic powder that didn't work out too well that could be my problem but stills worth the effort the exercise. I just had the dinner and it worked out fine. Now go find a containment put the spaghetti and and I'll have it for all next week. Earlier in the day I even cooked a batch of garb rock so I'm set for next week now I just have to get better television fixed it's always something…

No comments: