Thursday, May 26, 2022

Volume Two Coming Soon!

 



Finally we have a day in the 90s temperature wise. Of course a stock of the last very long tomorrow it will not be nearly as warm as today but will be nice with the possibility of thundershowers and rain the next two days as we wander into the holiday weekend. That's okay with me after today it was just nice to have complete warm weather all around me. I really didn't do much as far as enjoying the day except for sitting out in the parking lot reading my novel. In fact I've done such a good job in reading that I'm getting close to finishing. I still have more than 100 pages so it's going to be a while but close enough that I felt comfortable in ordering the new book in. I wasn't going to do it but I decided to order the second volume of this series. I'm sure the second volume is just as long as this volume has been pages up in the 800 range and there's a third book in the series. I'd like to say that I'm not going to read it but I said that about the second volume 2 but now I've ordered it in so I guess I'm going to read it and probably will ordering the third volume when it's time.


Of course I like to read outside in the sunshine and shade the back parking lot next to the dumpsters and of course everybody comes out there to drop the trash off. The one lady who's been living food on my door handle – – which I wish she would not – – now has threatened to go down the local Deseret Industries the local secondhand store which actually has hundreds if not thousands of paperback books, used. In fact that's right found this first book The Pillars Of Earth .I of course told this lady, let's call her Marta in yesterday and she stopped by my reading spot she informed me she was on her way to DI she did not say she was looking for volume 2 but she asked me to make sure that she had the right author so I know she was looking. I told her that I was ordering the book she seemed a bit crestfallen but I think she went anyway. Not firmly believe the chances of finding the second volume of the series at Deseret industries is very minimal at best. I of course would rather pay the six extra dollars for the volume and make sure I was getting exactly what I wanted as opposed to have to do a catch as catch can option.


You all know that I live in a “gated community” it's kind of a joke but I really don't mind. However, one of the newer folks living at this facility who I like a lot has all become concerned the fact that the entry code to the building is like everywhere. During the day we have numerous folks coming on to this property from home health workers like my staff to Amazon and the like deliveries and many of them know the code. My neighbor and friend is totally freaked out that security is so lax at this facility. She came over this evening was watching the news totally freaked out I wish I could've given her more comfort but I just don't think it's that big a deal. Of course she's a senior even older than I am and though she would not really admitted she gets a lot of information through Fox news and of course everyone's going bananas with the latest massacre. But we should be more sympathetic like I said but I just don't want to have to deal with learning another code on top of all the other stupid codes I have to deal with on a daily basis, irresponsible, call me lazy but that's me. I know I live in the “bullet Zone” and it doesn't bother me at all. Maybe when marauder comes in the holds the facility at gunpoint or worse wandering up and down the apartment shooting people that maybe that'll be different but like an unlocked backdoor to school that will make any difference at that point…

No comments: