Friday, May 27, 2022

Double Sigh

 



I really don't quite know what to do about the situation beginning to develop here at the apartment complex. Dedicated reader you will remember in the past of talked about the two cement planters in the rear of the building, not far from the dumpsters, that have been dedicated to apartment folk who wanted to garden. Of course like everything on earth if you want to wreck something just add the human variable that takes care of everything.


And again I think earlier in the year I wrote about the plywood coverings which then placed over the planters because apartment residents were beginning to squabble over who got what or what was going to be planted or whatever. Like you got out of hand to the point that somebody in local administration silenced everything by capping off the planters. Well today I was somewhat excited to see that the plywood is been removed and a couple of the residence were working on cleaning up the poor little plants will been trying to break through into the light all spring long. These individuals had garden starch from the local markets that they're going to transplant into the soil that they were preparing. That was about Lot 1:38 PM. There is a little excitement going on around the planters most people were beginning to dig and scratch the ground. Couple hours later when I went out to do some reading I was perplexed to see that the ugly pieces of plywood had been re-affixed to the planters. It was only later in the afternoon or early evening when I found out that a couple of the local residents (who feel they are in some sort of power position) got all bent out of shape and then this one older person was also something called the Resident Manager or R M had made the decision to cap the planters once again. I found out too late to do anything about the situation. I don't know if I could have done anything but I would've been willing to call the head office of Utah nonprofit housing Corp. on which I'm a board member and asked someone to make a decision at the corporate level. Jennifer, who is the regular manager here is out for a couple weeks having just had a hand operation. Jennifer is pretty good at keeping things in check whereas the RM leaves little bit to be desired. Like I said I doubt that I would've been able to really have done anything but I would've tried but by the time I found out it was way past closing time at the agency and it's a Friday night and making it worse it's a Friday night on a holiday weekend which I'm sure nobody would run around to do anything judicious regarding to meet your little planters on the senior living facility in Taylorsville Utah. Now it's going to be Tuesday before anything is going to be able to be done with anything will happen at all. I'm sure the vegetable starts which is been purchased will have been long dead by then which is just a shame. In my opinion people in general just wear me out…

No comments: