Saturday, May 21, 2022

Bus Stop

 



After yesterday's cold it was nice to see clear skies when I got up this morning. It's still not as warm as I'd like it to be like in the middle 70s but I can deal with 60s for the time being and the warmer temperatures are coming I just need to be patient. But the day was warm enough that I wanted to get a task that I belong to finish for some time out of the way. Earlier this week like Tuesday when I was dressing myself when I was lifted my leg with my long stick I snapped the long stick. I need a long stick in my life here at the apartment for all manners of things but the most thing I need a long sticks with his making my bed so that it's hard for me to reach the far ends to tuck things. I checked my bus scheduler and realize I had 20 minutes to get out of the bus stop to go it down to Lowe's store. This is where I got my last couple of long dowels which I use for my long sticks.


I was pleasantly surprised when I only had to wait three or four minutes for the bus arrived taken me and down to the building store. I was kind of proud of myself at how quickly things are getting done. It took me a minute to find the dowels but soon I was there and pulled out two nice-looking straight pieces of wood and got to the checkout. That was when I realized in my haste to exit the house, to start my day, I grabbed my regular pouch but totally left the relatively new pouch that I've integrated into my life which keeps my ID and whatever plastic I'm using debit or credit. I could not believe it really was going to be waiting for the bus to take me back to the apartment get my pouch and come back. I pretty much figured this is what I had to do if I wanted my sticks so I really rolled to the checkout area, where once again checked my pouch just to see if I had any cash or anything and I did have this gift card Visa card I been carted around for a couple years. I thought there might be a little money on their but surely not enough for both specs but I had the girl run the card anyway of course it was zero money at this point. I had her put the sticks aside telling her I be right back as soon as I could get home and grabbed my wallet. Surprisingly, the soon as I got to the bus stop the bus showed up and I went on home got my cards and came back probably within the same hour which is totally amazing too.


When I got my pouch with my credit cards before I left the house I stopped and grabbed a $20 bill for my money book so I would necessarily have to run a charge by case I needed that I had everything I needed. I ended up heading back to the wood section again to pick up another dowel so now I had three. I paid from headed back to the bus stop and once again within a few minutes the 47 showed up and I was soon homebound. I still have to wrap the sticky stuff off the end of one of the sticks which will basically replace the one that I broke now have two more as backup. It was a bit chilly for a Saturday to be out on the bus route but it was good at the same time. If nothing else this weekend I feel I've accomplished something and sometimes it's as good as it gets …

No comments: