Friday, May 20, 2022

Mask At Ready

 



I have kind of bed in hibernation mode all day. The cold front moved in last night and significantly brought the temperatures down as a cold wind blowing as well enough to coax me inside all day I've only gone a mile or so in my power chair which means back and forth a couple times I washed clothes spontaneously. We went through my closet and harvested a number of pieces of clothing which had fallen off hangers landed on the floor and of course all of which wouldn't of the dirty close I thought why not just wash the whole batch get it over with and will probably give me enough clean clothes for next week. Once again I thought about going over to the market again if you things but the weather guy says tomorrow will be warmer than today so I figured why wait? There's nothing I need desperately tonight. Have all kinds of things in a refrigerator for roast beef cook the other day to Chinese take-home that I saved for last week all of which would be great for Friday night. Still has some great dinner Frank switcher need to cook a roast or whatever you do with them before they're in a refrigerator too long. I have soda the closet as well as bottles of fruit juice. I for sure can make it through Friday night.


Listening to the news today, I listen to a lot of NPR as I used around the apartment working out, getting close back from the washroom. It looks like Covid is spiking again and a new player on the horizon now something called monkeypox. Times are getting spooky probably more than I have been. I even went through my mask collection and dug out my Assist, Inc. mask which I have two or three. These masks can be fitted closely to my face which gives me the illusion of greater protection from whatever. I'm getting nervous, once again, doing public transit as well as running to the market and such. Yesterday, was my resume meeting for Utah nonprofit housing, the board meeting. I have been complaining about being one of the board members that “get to zoom” the meeting but now , I'm kind of glad we have the ability to zoom the meetings that they can just going to keep my mouth shut. I can provide my own refreshments for the next meeting and be quite happy. I'm feeling uneasy about the whole country going back into lockdown subverted were China is now. I'm sure if UTA, Utah transit Authority, implements a mask requirement again there be great shouting and gnashing of teeth the same thing happened the first time but it's probably a good idea in the closed system of our UTA coach. It's summer if nothing else I can go across the way over to the park and hang up by myself under the trees, are in the sunshine with a good book, a bottle of soda and a mask

No comments: