Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Did I or Didn't I?

 



It's funny, I know I've written about this before, how one little thing injected into your routine can be quite challenging. Yesterday for example I finally had my appointment with the colorectal surgeon which basically took four hours out of my day maybe even longer waiting for transportation than waiting for the doctor and then going home on public transit. I use this as a preface to today's blog which is basically about finally getting the kid letters out.


It's kind of true, you know how when you pay taxes you know you have that date which used to be April 15 but it always was looming out there until you finally got your taxes filed? It's sort of like that with me every first of the month trying to get these letters out as quickly as I can for the mere joy of getting letters out and the mere joy of me believing that it may be important to just one of the receivers to receive the letter and I don't want to disappoint. I know you're all think you know what ego does this guy have? But it's got a true least so the report goes. It seems this month even starting the letter early didn't buy me that much time. I did a couple letters one day than a couple letters the next and finally got them all written. And, this was happening during waiting for home health nurses to show up as well as home care of people in general as well as meetings out in the community as well as socials and functions going on here at the apartment complex. This all eats into the time that I have that I can do my writing. I think like most writers I don't like to write under duress, I don't think I would like to write under a deadline if I ever had to do such a thing. Writing for paper submission at University was hard enough trying to come to grips with a topic and development for classes. I'm building an elaborate excuse for having to send the letters out so late in the month. I don't feel bad if I can get the documents out in the first week which of course today is the third so I got the letters out!


It used to be the hardest part of letter writing ordeal was the actual composing letters but now I've gotten quite good at it at least I think I have. Now it's a matter of getting the letters printed and then folded and then put into the right envelopes. This kind of freaks me out maybe I do a better job if I was more ADHD. This month when I'd finished printing the envelopes I set them aside and then begin folding the letters themselves and with a certain population of the letters I stick a couple dollars in for the kids which I'm sure gotten quite board of the minimal amount of cash in the envelope. I continue to do it just because I don't know how to stop. But that's a whole other issue on this particular month as I fully letters stuffed them in the envelopes put the money in and realized somewhere along the line when I went to finish the last envelope I realized I had already stopped money into an envelope addressed to this person. Then I got to thinking did I? And then I got to really thinking why do I have to letters or envelopes at least (one sealed) and did that have the right letter in for that envelope? I opened up the envelope I just sealed and there was a letter for this month but no cash. On the letter that was sealed earlier I wasn't sure if that letter was the actual letter to the person on the front of the envelope. But it felt like there is money in the envelope compared to the other envelopes. To be honest I was not going to open up that envelope just to check because it would mean out have to print a whole new envelope and affix a whole new stamp. I decided I would just send the letter out to the granddaughter who at least received the two dollars if the letters not to her sure she'll survive and I'll call at some point and and explain the mix up. I'm sure it's just another senior moment but I'm usually so much better…

No comments: