Tuesday, May 03, 2022

Silly Me

 



I don't know what I was expecting or what I was hoping. I really wanted to sit down with the doctor and have him or her tell me that you're okay we will just band the little bugger and that pesky hemorrhoid will fall right off when you be okay, no more bleeding, easy pzzee space just like that. But no. It never happens just like that.


Cold front came through during the night lots of rain lots of wind and a very chilly morning to start. I don't mind a little challenge weatherwise. Had I been thinking Friday or Monday I would've gotten transport from the county to the hospital but I didn't so I was on the bus over to IHC medical Center around 9:30 AM for my 11 o'clock appointment one to make sure I was on time by devoutly believe it's better to be early than late, especially for medical appointments. Luckily for me, the hospitals opened up the cafeteria again so I can actually get coffee and breakfast should I want. I kind of did. I think I just want to spend money because I wasn't really hungry and I didn't need coffee for just a few minutes before my appointment. I should've lingered because my appointment was nearly 2 hours late or the dock was more than two hours late. I could hear some of the trauma going on in the exam areas. Just a lot of stuff happening. I'm patient if nothing else I'm good at waiting. I even at one point wandered back to the nurses station behind the greeting area and asked them if they want me to come back another day when things were not so busy. The staff assured me they would get to me soon or I could make another appointment I decide to stay just to see what happened


I had never met this position before, I quite didn't know what to think when she finally showed up. I told her to take a breath letting the mind a bit. I guess my theory was that I didn't want the physician to be flummoxed to the point she might make some bad decisions.


The biggest take away that I got from our meeting was that there wasn't much she could do until she did at rectal exam which would mean somehow I would have to get onto the exam table. I don't think she has staff that can do that—though I firmly think she believes that. She also wants me to have a colonoscopy which is a whole different trip especially for me. The last one I had was more than 10 years ago and I had my own wheelchair van and I had submitted would drive me and kind to watch over me when I was done I don't have that now. Her big thing was to push me to take Metamucil or other kinds of softeners are whatever embattled my hemorrhage from within versus without indicating that even if she did band my hemorrhoids they would grow back in two or three weeks. She seemed distressed diet and more bowel movements. I told her I can only take three a week at first she thought three a day I had to repeat it twice. She thinks that's part of the problem I don't know. She has more than once why was there and I told her I just wanted to link up with the person who might be able to help me and get the input on my bleeding hemorrhoids and how much do I need to worry. I came away with the idea that I'm basically okay and maybe it will try to Metamucil and trying to poop more but it's such a task I really don't see it happening but you never know. Now the colonoscopy is a whole another issue…

No comments: