Monday, May 09, 2022

Monday Ponderings

 


I don't have a lot say. I hope I can muster 500 words or more but I like the concept of writing and writing something everyday regardless of quality of the content. I know that sounds a little shallow and self-serving but hey?! That's what blogs are all about little bit of self worship. Perhaps I can write this day off or at least this entry as Dragon maintenance. I am getting a little concerned with the performance of my Dragon software. I shouldn't be so critical after all I believe I have had this software 10 years. I believe I got my money's worth but at times the software works so well I don't want to jinx it having to install all new software low costs. I shouldn't be so cheap but you know me.


I keep playing with the idea of investing in a new Tablet, hopefully a better version than the tablet is currently use. Actually, I like the equipment and has served me very well. The problem is that just I have just about run out of space of its memory. I guess I could insert the chips and such but that does not really seem to help. Or maybe it does in the real issue is that I just want a new piece of equipment. There, I have said it. It's just such a task shopping for new hardware. I know this is definitely a first world problem. I could certainly use all the programs would come bundled with a new tablet. The technology built into the new platform/frame would also be nice. The microphones for example are always better on the new equipment as well as the speakers, camera and other pieces of recording equipment. I always like the idea of getting a larger screen. I typically like the 10.1 sized screen. That size is easy to handle gives me a good view of what I'm looking for specially for doing online reading and dictating/typing. I'm always pleased whenever I upgrade.


I think the major problem I with upgrading to a new piece of equipment is that you can always get more if you want to spend more. I always feel like I'm cheating myself once I find the equipment that's in my price range which basically makes my needs. All the sudden start looking at what more I could want/have especially things like a larger screen. But by history with tablets has been very grim as far as destroying the Windows/screens. I either drop the machine are worst-case run over them breaking screen. I have lost the whole system for a long time which is a good sign maybe I'm growing up but I wouldn't hold my breath. When I really enjoyed the current tablet is the recording equipment. When I'm not around my big desktop machine I can always dictate to the tablet using its own STT software. I am always surprised and tickle and how efficient and functional this software has become. (Now Dragon software do not take this as a dig or cut but…) But the recording software on my current tablet as well as cell phone in many ways outperforms this little Dragon software. The only drawback for me anyway is that I've never found a set of directions on how to be totally use the software. That can be one of the reasons I cling to my trusty old Dragon software. The young once again talk myself into keeping the software for at least another year…



No comments: