Friday, July 01, 2022

Plant Killers

 



Perfect, hot temperatures, possible thundershowers and a power chair that seems to be working just fine a great way to start a holiday weekend. I had my home health person change the dressings on minor and added some more tape for protection and I felt comfortable enough to head out to find some things I've been searching for. I've been looking for a card reader. I found a small disk that has some information I think was on it but not sure and I could not believe I could not find a card reader anywhere in my apartment. I must've had 20 over the years and now they're all gone. I tried to find some eyeliner the market are the grocery or even the dollar store and there little electronic section but to no avail. So, today, while I was still fresh I decided to head down head down to the bus stop and catch the train into 21st South area and the Best Buy and Office Depot there. I found a card reader at Office Depot for just 10 bucks I figured this was the best deal I was going to get today. And it was. Went on quite a trip and found a McDonald's and had my favorite burger. I was pleased to find the information I was looking for was able to loaded onto the disk so I have a copy off of my hard drive. It's nice to have a backup system that works.


As I was heading to the bus stop I passed what used to be the garden area for the apartment complex here. The dedicated/faithful reader will remember me talking about how I nurtured a couple little plants, tomato plants of action abortion fruit only to have the fruit stolen the last days. Anyway, this year I'm not sure exactly what happened or who's to blame but management of the apartment complex got fed up with all the backbiting, tomfoolery and power mongering of all the little farmers here the complex so much so they had Ted the maintenance guy actually screw plywood planks over the tops of the grow boxes so nobody could use them. This is so pathetic. At 1st they just laid the plywood on top of the boxes and the poor little plants, volunteers from last year, Shooting their little fingers up underneath the plywood even to the point of moving the plywood so the little green fingers could reach for the sky. Then some of the folks here at the apartments actually lifted the plywood pieces off and what was underneath look like a March of Dimes ad for plants long skinny Stroud's yellow white and some green stems with little leaves on the end reaching desperately for any kind of sunlight it can attach itself to. Seriously the scene was really kind a heartbreaking. At one time I heard a rumor that they decided to let the people grow stuff after all but obviously that was wrong. The plywood looks wet because of the rain we had last night. Can only imagine what the little plants are thinking is little drip of water filter through and keep them alive in their darkness just like a Simon and Garfunkel song so sad

No comments: