Sunday, July 24, 2022

Cell Phones and End of Life Decisions

 


I'm so confused. The weather forecast that I've been watching on channel 2 has indicated low clouds, high-pressure system in hot temperatures. This morning when I woke it was overcast, and I'm okay with that don't get me wrong if there's clouds there's water possibly lightning as well as under as well. The best part about the cloud cover was a gentle breeze that went along with the clouds. I checked my “weather bug” and it also said that after a few clouds in the morning sun would return and temperatures in the 90s. Not a problem, again just irritated on what the plan for. The clouds hung around until really middle of the afternoon and have gone their way. Temperatures are in the low 90s as promised but it doesn't feel the same heat as for. I just watched the early weather and local news and they are all ecstatic about how cool the temperatures of the day have been. I certainly enjoyed the lower temperatures today especially having breakfast with Mark Anthony and Jasmine. It was nice leaving the restaurant and not really didn't of triple digit heat walls. I spent most of the day either reading outside our playing around with my cell phone on a game I've been playingon my cell. I've gotten quite good, for me, I mean my combined scores nothing compared to huge numbers that live on the far end of the leader boards for this game. I just enjoy the game and I think it keeps me, or helps keep me as sharp as I can be.


Perhaps the biggest joy of my day was the impromptu conversation with my daughter Shelley who called me midafternoon. A perfect time for such an event. The girls are with their dad for the next 2 weeks so shall does not have to drive in so we can just focus on our conversation. No great mysteries are solved, historical questions answered or any impartation of patriarchal wisdom. Just fun conversation in a little bit of gossip here and there some reach back as far as validating memories and current actions many of which are based on those memories. I try not to pry but I am so interested Shelley's life and the life of the granddaughters. We talked about many strange and bizarre things is only we can is only I guess I've taught my kids how to do. Along with that comes the hard jobs to as to remind dad of all those end-of-life matters that need to be considered now. This is doubly true after the past couple of weeks I just passed here at the apartment complex with the death of 2 of our own. Icon is set up the whole thing by talking about the passing which opened the door to start talking about my passing and all the things I need to be thinking about as far as end-of-life questions and responsibilities. I can honestly say these discussions are not nearly as comfortable as they used to be maybe that's a good thing. Maybe I'm finally growing to the point that can handle such discussions and my own demise. Do I want to be buried, and cremated, urn versus coffin versus plot versus Mantle and on and on and on. I still have a long ways to go but I want to make sure I start downsizing today so others won't have to downsize me tomorrow it's only fair…

No comments: