Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Saturday Morning Cartoons And More




I really wish I can sleep in but my body just won't let me it's always been that way as a little kid I was always up early Saturday mornings to catch Saturday morning cartoons, this was before there was a whole cartoon industry aimed at kids on Saturday mornings. In the old days I just think there is nothing else to put in the Saturday morning slot. There really was no adult content to speak of except for pretaped stuff for adults like “The Big Picture” the seemingly positive for trail of American military particularly with a lot of scenes from World War II. You got a realize when I was 5 the war had only been over for about 10 years. There are other standards that were counted as content in those days and everyone still while 5 or 6 cartoons get thrown in there and then later on they had the Bugs Bunny show, Cartoon Carnival and a few other selection took more kid content. I think this may have been what trained me to wake up early regardless. I didn't want to miss anything.


With some discouragement I looked out the window and could feel autumn approaching I think of already written about this already this month but once again this morning, the figure ground effects were definitely there playing with the dials of my brain turning them slowly to accept later sunrises, colder temperatures and longer hours of darkness. So, I have to resign myself to this reality. Whining about the evaporating summer, hot temperatures and raging forest fires. Expect you people to hold me to it.


Other than the shortening days I really haven't done a whole lot to change the world. I did go to the movies early this afternoon trying to make sure I get my money's worth from the regal theater where he could do all this shows you can tolerate for 20 bucks a month. Today I want something about where crawdad sing, a bit of a mystery movies and as kind surprised I enjoyed the film. I don't know if I'll sit through it again but maybe. They had cut ever predictable ending but I was still kind of surprised just the same. I won't record for anybody is planning to see the film. I think it's worth your time and probably worth the price of admission if you don't buy the theater offered treats. I hate to encourage bootlegging their own refreshments in but the price they charge for such items I really don't have much guilt. I went to the 12:10 PM showing which got me out of there about2:45 PM. I really didn't want to miss marketplace so I raced home instead of waiting around for the bus. It wasn't a bad trip a little bumpier places I was a little spooked about this chair sometimes I think I may be losing one of the motors in the chair… Which it be typical. I am still planning on having the chair picked up sometime tomorrow and will get the news again about how long I have to wait before the chairs repaired. I just have to be patient and get through this period In time just as I'm having to do with my patient lift it will get better, I just have to wait it out…

No comments: