Thursday, July 07, 2022

Movies And Mobility

 





It was a busy on busy day if you know what I mean. There's something happening to my shoulder and right shoulder I'm not sure exactly what. Of course my first reaction is to blame it on my chair and particularly the funky foam rubber backing that I have on my chair and how I feel that sort of pinching or doing something to one of the nerves on my right side. I'm still mobile and I'm still independent but if the right side becomes any more involved I don't know how much more independence I can tolerate. The pain does not bother me throughout the night may be a little bit when I lay down on my right side seems to go away and does not persist and I usually get my hours in if I don't is not because of the pain. But, again like I said, I'm hoping this isn't a progressive thing and one that will eventually interfere with everything from transferring to dressing to even sitting in my chair. I don't mean to be a crybaby but sometimes I wonder about these things. I notice is taken me longer to dress myself. I mean I can make a time if I have to I can plan that into my dressing. On today's like to be when you're thing I have to be to is the coffee group attended dally and linger so I don't know if it's just my lack of a time goal or the fact that I just I'm losing abilities on certain aspects of my life I can still get my leg up over my other leg to get my shorts on and my shoes but it's certainly not as easy as the process used to be. And if I dwelled on these ideas I can certainly make myself comfortable.


The coffee group this morning was strange mainly because one of very long time participants was dead and nobody was talking about it so eventually I did bring it up asking about the funeral arrangements and strangely enough hardly anybody knew that Lois had the passed. And those that did know only knew from coming to the coffee group earlier and finding out. People just sort of passed over the whole thing even me. Billie, the lady owners across the hall soon to be visibly affected by the news. She found out earlier in the morning. This really bothers her the lack of information that tends to swell around the facility. I don't know what else she would want however. I think she is also taken aback by everyone's lack of interest or response to the information. I know Billie tends to be emotionally involved in regular items that I don't have much interest in. This could be one of those. She was very quiet more quiet than usual left them coffee function early. I hope she's okay. I think were just a callous group here at the apartment complex.


I've made arrangements the other day to have the vendor from the company had sold us the body left to come out and look at the left to see if there's a problem with it and a possible solution. The time was 1 o'clock in the afternoon. 18 minutes after the hour I called the company and they hadn't dispatched anyone yet so I figured they were coming and rescheduled for tomorrow. I understand they've sent the order in for the new piece of equipment, the battery system, but still I want to know if there's a problem with the lift itself and the battery system on the left or the charge and wire all I can could be culprits in this problem. Hopefully, this should tomorrow between 11 and 1 PM then I can get that behind me. I've charge the machine since I last used it on Wednesday morning and hopefully Gloria and I tomorrow will get by okay. Knowing that the technician wasn't coming I decided I'd hit the movies and not only enjoy one flick I did two and was kind of surprised that neither of the films really impressed me that much and one was a Marvel offering I thought that kind of strange…

No comments: